Eurokat 9

For all discussion of any events
Cam
Club Member

Re: Eurokat 9

Post by Cam » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:49 am

I haven’t booked a ferry either we’ll just have to see how things go ,the time off is booked that’s all

fred61
Club Member

Post by fred61 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:46 pm

Uncle Bob wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:21 am
So will EK9 go ahead or not? Probably too early to say but I guess it needs to be decided at some point for those still to book ferries etc.

I haven't booked my ferry yet, so if I do that now, there is no insurance cover or refund should I not be able to go (due to Corvid 19), so I am probably going to wait longer, probably near end of June / start of July and see what things are like. If the ferry is already full (I was going Newhaven to Dieppe) then I could probably still do the tunnel and just ride a bit further, hopefully being on a bike, the tunnel options will be still available.
I'm now at a cross roads. the rebuild of the Red pop up is coming along and will probably be fit to travel. however my operation in March was cancelled due to Corvid 19 and If things return to normal prior to August, I may not have time to recover from the my Op. :(
Normal For Norfolk :roll:

Uncle Fester (katana pop up)
Binky (GSX 750 ES)
Lu Tze (T595 Daytona)
Lurch (Yamaha DT125 LC mk1)

Alexandre
Club Member

Post by Alexandre » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:21 am

Hi all,

just a little message to let you know that at the moment we are still planning EK9 to happen. We Frenchies shall be free to go in back in our streets on May 11th, so I suppose by mid-June we will know whether there will be changes in the health policy - remain free or go back home ? Our main concern is whether the borders will remain open or not. Regarding the event, if we all keep our helmets at all times - even in the swimming pool of course! - we shall be safe. More seriously, I suspect we will have all our meals at the campsite if restaurants are too difficult to access. Also we might not be able to visit sites in depth - we will probably be on a "ride & sightseeing" mode, with little interactions with the locals. And of course we will have the option of lazying in the sun and by the pool ;-p
Well that's all for now. I hope you are all OK and that no-one among you caught the Bat/Pangolin virus !
Stay safe and hope to see you soon, as planned !

Alexandre

fossie
Club Chairman

Post by fossie » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:45 pm

Merci for the update there matey. We have suspected that by August it'll be a memory ;)
The French lockdown has been very much harsher than ours , ours helped by an unusual bout of warm summer ( not British type though :D ), but now as we sit in the usual April "showers " more people may stay in ;) Those who were meant to anyway. :?
So let's hope it (EK) goes the way it's was meant to, let's face it all we need some attendees we can wing the rest.
CLUB CHAIRMAN

My Gallery

Uncle Bob
Committee Member

Post by Uncle Bob » Fri May 15, 2020 9:05 pm

I see the government news last week that there would be a reciprocal agreement with France for no Quarantine if going between our 2 countries (and hence making EuroKat more likely) has now been changed to there will be 14 days quarantine required (I assume that's 14 days each side of the channel). That make it either unlikely to be a EK9 this year or else the longest EK we have ever had :D

It's on:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52610594

and then it's off!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52682411

Kryten
Club Member

Post by Kryten » Sat May 23, 2020 7:07 pm

Uncle Bob wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:05 pm
I see the government news last week that there would be a reciprocal agreement with France for no Quarantine if going between our 2 countries (and hence making EuroKat more likely) has now been changed to there will be 14 days quarantine required (I assume that's 14 days each side of the channel). That make it either unlikely to be a EK9 this year or else the longest EK we have ever had :D

It's on:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52610594

and then it's off!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52682411

......unless you fancy a route via Dublin :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim

750 S1 (Not So) Skruffy Kat
7/11 S1 Long term
T509 off the road

It was a New Day yesterday but, by God, it's an Old Day now!