Stafford classic bike show

For all discussion of any events
johnr
Club Member

Re: Stafford classic bike show

Post by johnr » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:09 pm

saturday was by far the best day, thumper club was upstairs in thee main hall in the corner overlooking the autojumble. i was there all weekend, it wasnt the best one ive attended, some nice bikes there, but the prices of bikes and projects out in the field has reached comedy levels. there wasnt a triumph twin on site in any condition that was less than 6.5k and even mundane project tat was all a grand overpriced at its best. i still like the place but id never reccomend going to buy a bike, it makes ebay seem reasonable.
My Gallery

KOC 004

geekay
Club Member

Post by geekay » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:49 pm

I had a a good day on Saturday. Met John R and Andy (custodian of my old 250 Katana) and other friends I only get to see twice a year at Stafford. I wasn't looking for a bike so the prices don't bother me - check out Bonham's Stafford auction results if you want to see how lots of people will pay stupid prices for mundane bikes.

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24885/ ... sults&m0=0

I nearly bought a Titanium exhaust system for my Benelli TNT, got invited to Italy to view a private collection of bikes (going to Milan in November anyway so rude not to accept) and got all the sundry items ( drill bits etc) to replace all those that I have broken since April. There are bikes for all tastes and I never fail to see at least one bike I haven't seen before This years star of the show (for me) was the Egli-Kawasaki Z900 endurance racer. Although the £15k price tag was a touch salty.
I think the show is a bargain at £12 (pre-booked), and I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Yorkshireman. :D
Suzuki RF900 RS2
Suzuki GSX750S Katana / Kettle mongrel
Suzuki V4 500cc 2 stroke
Suzuki XR11/73 track bike
Suzuki GSX250F Across
Suzuki TDRGV 250
Suzuki K11P
Suzuki OR50 Mame Tan
Triumph T575 Steam Triple
Triumph X75 Oh!
Kram-It RV250 Enduro

Berti44
Club Member

Post by Berti44 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:37 pm

Hi John R, I’ll be going on Sat, only if weather is okay so fingers crossed. I’ll try and find you.

Best wishes
Berti

johnr
Club Member

Post by johnr » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:22 pm

i wont be there mate, this thread was for the october stafford show, the april one is more geared towards old brit stuff, ive never been to it myself.
My Gallery

KOC 004