Eurokat 9

For all discussion of any events
ItaKanevil
Club Member

Re: Eurokat 9

Post by ItaKanevil » Sat May 29, 2021 6:09 pm

Well thats me out, no travelling till 19th, and I won't have 2nd vac till early August.. feck feck feckity fecking feck!

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Sat May 29, 2021 7:48 pm

ItaKanevil wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 6:09 pm
Well thats me out, no travelling till 19th, and I won't have 2nd vac till early August.. feck feck feckity fecking feck!
What's the rules over there now Ita .... Why the 19th of...?
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

ItaKanevil
Club Member

Post by ItaKanevil » Sun May 30, 2021 11:26 am

July, I think it was a case of pick a number, lots of pissed off folk here, vac rollout so slow.. but I have not actually cancelled yet. Heinz supposed to be going though.

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Sun May 30, 2021 11:44 pm

Heinz and few mates were/ are ment to be going to my gaff a'france first for a few days ..but to be honest at this juncture . Msr Macron and his crew are not having a good time & are not overly keen on UK citizens on his soil ...pretty ever actually ....but this is a good excuse .
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

sparki
Committee Member

Post by sparki » Mon May 31, 2021 9:35 am

yeah, i have no plans to go over this year tbh... too much bollox involved and rules etc. next year's fine
Steve
KOCUK - 241

My Gallery

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Mon May 31, 2021 11:08 am

fossie wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 11:44 pm
. Msr Macron and his crew are not having a good time & are not overly keen on UK citizens on his soil ...pretty ever actually ....but this is a good excuse .
Just checked latest on travel/ France ...ok so EU citizens can travel freely into France ...presumable so can a EU citizen living in UK......UK Citizens need to PCR etc etc ...then isolate at the address they arrive at....however due to low rates of infections in UK ( lower than France) it is unlikely that you will be called upon to be checked you are in residence of isolation !

I rest my case m'lud.!
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

jmac
Club Member

Post by jmac » Mon May 31, 2021 5:09 pm

For what it's worth, I didn't intend going anyway, having done it last year when Grayson Perry and I flew the flag for the U.K.
team.

sparki
Committee Member

Post by sparki » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:02 pm

jmac wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 5:09 pm
For what it's worth, I didn't intend going anyway, having done it last year when Grayson Perry and I flew the flag for the U.K.
team.
lol... i had to google grayson perry :)
Steve
KOCUK - 241

My Gallery

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:42 pm

:cry: :roll:
Well that's that then , we definatley won't be attending the EuroKat either . The ferry company have just cancelled our sailing :evil: :o :shock: We could rebook for the earlier or later as one ship is caring cars and the other is freight only ! It would only cost us another£70 on top of what we have already paid . To be honest I don't really care about the money , it's the fact THEY cancelled and I have to pay . While I completely understand the reasons and agree about the freight v car issue in these times, it can't cost £70 to alter a booking to the only ship available .

When you add this up to the cost of PCR , flowtests at both ends ( which I know will be for a long time yet .) The French government are still swaying from isolating to not having to ....if we did we'd miss the EuroKat dates anyway.

So I suspect that no UK members will be present ...
* Just a footnote from a French source ....it is the UK's fault , they didn't close their borders !
While I have some agreement with this statement ....coming from a nation that dosen't actually have any borders .....it's a bit ...well French ! :lol: *
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

Alexandre
Club Member

Post by Alexandre » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:50 pm

Hi all,
just a little note to confirm "EK9 2.0" will take place as planned.

It's just too bad we chose the dates to fit the British schedule... but you won't be able to attend.
Merdemerdemerde / shittyshittyshit !!!
At least, choosing a campsite allows us to go on with the event - we would definitely not have been able to run EK9 1.0 or 2.0 at a place like Fort Medoc.

Anyway, we'll think about you a lot.
And we might struggle to find a bike worthy of the "Rattiest Kat" prize without you guys !!!
Wish us luck.
By the way, some Germans started cancelling their trip, too (ScheißeScheißeScheiße), so we're hoping it won't become a FK event (FrenchKat 1 ?)
But hey, that's an idea ! I could think of some ways to turn that name into something F..King funny !

Can't wait to see you all for EK10 (2022 then ?)

Cheers,
Alexandre