Suzuki sunday Ace Cafe London 4th August 2019

For all discussion of any events
pookie

Suzuki sunday Ace Cafe London 4th August 2019

Post by pookie » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:46 pm

Owing to the stupid lycra wearing 50 something weirdos riding their overpriced carbon fibre bikes that don't even have engines taking over my favourite rides out on Sunday (Newlands corner and Box Hill) I'm going in the opposite direction to the Ace Cafe for the Suzuki day (although anyone with a motorcycle can turn up) will get there about midday, would be great to see anybody from the club there, hoping to see a 'new' Katana, I'm making the most of it 'cos if this wonker of a mayor gets his way and extends the Ultra Low Emissions Zone out to the north and south circulars in October 2021 I won't be paying £12.50 to go there.

pookie

Re: Suzuki sunday Ace Cafe London 4th August 2019

Post by pookie » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:51 pm

Had a great time at the Ace on Sunday, if it wasn't for me and a few friends on our Suzukis there wouldn't have been any there! had a chat with Mark Wilsmore, the owner of the Ace, he was fascinated by the motor in my 250 Kat, and he mentioned that the cafe was just outside the 2021 proposed extended Ultra Low Emissions Zone, after checking on the TFL website it doesn't make it clear but it's only roads that are INSIDE the north and south circular that will be affected, so being on the by-pass itself means you don't have to pay the charge, so hopefully we can attend more old bike / two stroke meetings in the future, happy days :)