Manchester show update .

For all discussion of any events
fossie
Club Member

Re: Manchester show update .

Post by fossie » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:22 pm

If anyone has a Kat they wish to sell , send me some pictures ....by pm or email with details and I can put them up on the stand at the show.
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

PaulD
Club Member

Post by PaulD » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:53 pm

fossie wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:22 pm
If anyone has a Kat they wish to sell , send me some pictures ....by pm or email with details and I can put them up on the stand at the show.
Bit bloody late now :lol:
There rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
KOC member 453

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:34 pm

MANCHESTER BIKE SHOW
29 & 30 JANUARY 2022, EVENTCITY
EVENTCITY, PHOENIX WAY, OFF BARTON DOCK ROAD
MANCHESTER, M41 7TB

GOOD NEWS
At last! After two years of frustration we have finally had some good news for the Manchester Bike Show and all its many supporters and participants.

Following the recent government announcement regarding the lifting of Plan B restrictions The Manchester Bike Show will be able to go ahead as planned on Saturday 29th & Sunday 30th January 2022. There will be no requirement for visitors to provide a Covid passport, provide evidence of a negative lateral flow test or wear a face mask but you are of course welcome to do so if it makes you feel safer.

Our club and trade exhibitors have shown fantastic loyalty to us since the first postponement in March 2020 and we have a brilliant show lined up for everyone to enjoy. This will include the brilliant Delray Rockets, who were such a hit last time, Steve “stunt man” Colley and Paul the DJ.
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:47 pm

How many on here intend on attending , I have been contacted by one member who is being accompanied by another +1 ...
We will have tickets as this my whole intention of doing this show to get entry for members .
Believe me this show ( or any ) isn't my idea of a well spent weekend, but if it benefits the club and its members then it's ok .
I can only collect the tickets on unloading the show bikes , so if you let me know I will collect the tickets and give them to you on your arrival at reception.
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

PaulD
Club Member

Post by PaulD » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:06 pm

Well I know I’m no longer a Kat owner but I will man the stand and help out in anyway I can. So if you could wangle a couple of tickets I would be very happy 😎

Well as my dad once told me if you don’t ask you won’t get.
There rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!

KOC member 453

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:35 am

Cheers Paul there will be tickets. I'll be in touch .
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:46 pm

Done and dusted.
Firstly cheers to Nick who came up from Southampton with his and Kekats 2019 bike.

Was it a success?
We had very limited stuff to display, partly because the banners are elsewhere , the regalia likewise.
Bikes were thin also , so my 650, pop up ,S2 had to suffice, along with the 2 mentioned above.
But we styled it out I believe.
What we did achieve was reconnecting with a few past members, with about 25 flyers/ cards taken to make contact . :) & a joiner up ;)
We offered advice to a few ..listened to some stories ;)
What we did learn is that when the paper pride stopped many of these members became disenfranchised so when there was issues with the website , they couldn't /didn't reengage.
Also there are issues with the current site and some members, who are current members are blocked from access.( can we look at this?).
The show was better attended than anticipated, but by 1530 the crowd thinned though a few members popped by to meet up .
A few passers by commented that we were the only club to show photos , so even if you weren't there , your presence may have been' ;)
For us attendees , Friday night , was in the plough , Saturday , a tram ride to Manchester meet Sparki ! Belinda and Niece.

Sunday evening was spent ferrying my bikes home, when it decided to pi**down. The Rugby kicked out, the Trafford centre was kicking out , the traffic lights at event city let 2 vehicles out at a time,
Even though the show traffic made up the multitude. So it took 3 trips of 6 miles each way for Smand and I in th car and Kats 2 & half hours :roll: .

So to summarise , as an excercise in helping find out what / where the club needs to find its issues it was a worth while excercise , but as a logistics excercise not so good . :?
Attachments
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

PaulD
Club Member

Post by PaulD » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:40 am

Well done guys, I’m really sorry I couldn’t make it

KOC member 453

sparki
Committee Member

Post by sparki » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:23 am

great to see folks for the day (and a few drinks and meal at night) :)

I didnt give it a thought at the time but yeah, the banners that were to be sent over would have been nice and helped to add a little more interest. Any reason they werent sent do you know? UB?

This re-inforces that we need a newsletter imo, and hearing first hand of the website blocking members is frustrating, especially when we have limited numbers anyway

This needs investigation if we are to move forward at all....
Steve
KOCUK - 241

My Gallery

fat nick
Club Member

Post by fat nick » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:42 pm

I had a great weekend… big thanx to Everyone for making it fun …. Long journeys but worthwhile in the end. I whole heartedly agree with Fossie … we need to get the personal touch back and reconnect with the other members :)
:ugeek:

KOC 291