Manchester show update .

For all discussion of any events
fossie
Club Member

Re: Manchester show update .

Post by fossie » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:25 pm

I neglected to say that Suzuki GB are not helping us or themselves, they had a display of new 8 new bikes on their professional stand and office in an articulated lorry. NO KATANA,!!
Their rep commented that they'd been asked why more than 20 times ....
But we ( Keith ) saved the day ( though obviously not to sitting on).
We did get about 3 new owners collecting or card.
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

Smallkat
Club Member

Post by Smallkat » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:56 pm

When I used to work at SGB, show bike planning was done for all the shows at one time. We decided what was going where and organised the logistics. I don't know what Suzuki's range is now, but back then (late 90s), you couldn't possibly hope to take every model to every show. Never mind colorways! Sometimes you may not have multiples of one model to get to different shows and events, spread around the country.
GSX250SS Tinykat (gone, but the hole in my wallet not forgotten)
GSX400SS Smallkat
GT250 X7
GT200 X5
BMW R1250R

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:05 pm

It turns out that like the Kawasaki stand it was actually the local bike dealer who did the stand and the manufacturers supplied the trucks and gazebos , but didn't supply the machines that was up to what the local dealer needs to shift . Both Bolton motorcycles ( who did the kwak stand) and Robinsons of Rochadle ( not Canterbury ) who did Suzuki are actually the same company and not having a Kat in stock didn't bother !
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery