Agm 2021

For all discussion of any events
sparki
Committee Member

Re: Agm 2021

Post by sparki » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:30 pm

well, folk wont speak up when you stand in front of them so im not sure what theyre likely to say on a forum that a select few visit.

In the past we've relied on the agm being broadcast via the Pride and on the forum but it seems the Pride is no longer an option as a means of getting information to folks. Id be interested in seeing the names of whose visited this thread, and i'll wager its a fraction of the dwindling membership.

The numbers, as far as i can tell, have been falling for some time... and as fewer and fewer seem to visit forums over facebook I'd have thought the Pride would have been higher up than it is.

I cant talk as I've sold my Kat now so my opinions should count for little.... i'll still attend events as i regard those that do attend my friends over just a club member. I find it quite sad if im honest on how its changed since i joined. I dont have a solution, sorry
Steve
KOCUK - 241

My Gallery

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:43 pm

A solution I don't have at the moment , but if there is enough interest I shall find one, even if it going back to the early days and personal letters ...
As for yourself sparki mate , you said it as it is owning a Kat isn't a requesit,just an interest,but above all we were/ are a group of mates who pass on info/ hints / abuse , as needed .

When I passed on the mantel of chairman etc no one knew the future and the issues that would follow, I then as now wasn't sure that becoming fully internetted up was the way to go , partly because I have little interest in it and mostly because it is beyond me , but I felt it was time for someone to try a different approach ...a more modern approach .
No one is to blame it is way at it is ! Do we want to spend the energy getting back on track or do we just focus on sorting the EuroKat as a swan song?
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

Nicky Dodds
Club Member

Post by Nicky Dodds » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:16 pm

fossie wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:43 pm
A solution I don't have at the moment , but if there is enough interest I shall find one, even if it going back to the early days and personal letters ...
As for yourself sparki mate , you said it as it is owning a Kat isn't a requesit,just an interest,but above all we were/ are a group of mates who pass on info/ hints / abuse , as needed .

When I passed on the mantel of chairman etc no one knew the future and the issues that would follow, I then as now wasn't sure that becoming fully internetted up was the way to go , partly because I have little interest in it and mostly because it is beyond me , but I felt it was time for someone to try a different approach ...a more modern approach .
No one is to blame it is way at it is ! Do we want to spend the energy getting back on track or do we just focus on sorting the EuroKat as a swan song?
I say both.
GSX1100SD
GS550MX.....5 year old grandaughter thinks it's hers!

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:40 pm

A quick question before I go "dark" ...I notice everyday in notifications that multiple names sign in as in new names ..now some of these are phising possible..other just being nosey some may be bots ...
Now I know Bilx used to deal with these but he is alas elsewhere involved , so who is doing it now , if no one is doing it then new members won't get verified and soon pass on, ( not in biblical sense for the most part ...but then maybe the wait is that long!)

If no one then at the AGM we need an IT geezer to be that saviour surely.
" your club needs you!" To quote another chap with no idea but needed to fill roles , though I feel the likely hood in this campaign is you won't have to go to France and dig holes to live in .(..however ....)
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

stockcar
Club Member

Post by stockcar » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:31 pm

Can't speak for others but for me personally the last 18mths or so have been mental busy and have little if any time for even getting my own stuff sorted never mind being more involved club wise........
Kat is still unfinished and whilst it doesn't need very much that extra time is difficult and unfair on family to just bugger off.....
I do actually (finally) have something 2wheeled on the road but not really a long distance proposition being a little over 60years old !! 8-)

fred61
Club Member

Post by fred61 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:17 pm

fossie wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:43 pm

Not sure if the following may be a possible solution to revive a more active participation of members.
Although this is a national club, would it be an idea to give members the opportunity to sign up to a regional group on the forum and organize meet ups within that group. I'm not suggesting any fixed arrangements but it could just make those interested or with long term projects feel more connected to fellow enthusiasts and have possible travelling companions for the more distant events.
Normal For Norfolk :roll:

Uncle Fester (katana pop up)
Binky (GSX 750 ES)
Lu Tze (T595 Daytona)
Lurch (Yamaha DT125 LC mk1)

katmarch
Committee Member

Post by katmarch » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:27 pm

AGM Sunday 7th November
Vic Bikers Pub
Whitwick Road
Coalville
Leicestershire
LE67 3FA

From 11am

Although some will be there from Saturday to enjoy the METALLICA TRIBUTE MORETALLICA

Accommodation next door at http://www.hermitageparkhotel.co.uk/phone/index.html

https://www.vicbikerspub.co.uk/
KOC 30 My Gallery

sparki
Committee Member

Post by sparki » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:29 am

10 tickets available for band...
Steve
KOCUK - 241

My Gallery

sparki
Committee Member

Post by sparki » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:26 pm

sparki wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:29 am
10 tickets available for band...
all tickets gone...
Steve
KOCUK - 241

My Gallery

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:35 pm

I'm back . So a few thoughts from a few peeps ...cheers ..
You understand I only started this thread because someone had to , but now it's out there lets get s***sorted . Have your say!
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery