AGM 2022

For all discussion of any events
sparki
Committee Member

Re: AGM 2022

Post by sparki » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:30 am

fossie wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:45 pm
How about mugs , or even tankards ....more and more events like you to have a tankard to save on glass and recycling .

We need beanies , hoodies , and a new design t shirt , AND.????????
Just a vote for thermal cups....
ALL of these items are very easy to do via websites such as teespring. all they need is an image, and from there you simply select what you want it printed on as/when someone orders something. they take the orders and ship etc so the club has no intervention.

We ask the same question every year regards merch, and nothing changes. im not saying its a simple task to organise and it does take a lot of time to arrange and ensure is kept running..... THAT is the reason i suggest we use an online company that will print "as required" with no minimal qty needed. they wont let you use registed names such as "suzuki" in the descriptions but can obviously be used in an image as its just that... an image. site is https://teespring.com/
Steve
KOCUK - 241

My Gallery

Smallkat
Club Member

Post by Smallkat » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:58 am

Thinking about branded items, shouldn't we start a list of proposed 'stuff' and people put their names down for it. Then we order it and send it out. No waste and keeps cost down. I don't mind doing it, but only on the forum, I don't have Facebook or anything else.
GSX250SS Tinykat (gone, but the hole in my wallet not forgotten)
GSX400SS Smallkat
GT250 X7
GT200 X5
BMW R1250R

Jonty
Club Member

Post by Jonty » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:20 pm

fossie wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:45 pm
Thanks for the input, Jonty ..these points will be discussed on the day ...
When we started way back in 2003/4 , it was divided into areas so localised meets could take place and it a success to a degree, mainly if there are 15 members in an area it turns out that only 2 are available on that day!,,, granted communication was as instant as it can be now .
We have a library of info , though again loads go lost when the old site disappeared , it also depends on people documenting what they did ..
You tube channel, , mmmm, well beyond my abilities ...not others though .
They're just my thoughts as a new member here and also as a new member obviously not aware of history and who is who.

I think new members come in all keen and its how to harness that.

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:43 pm

The new members I put is vital, my revealing about our club history isn't to deter or dismiss on the contrary , it goes to prove we were/ are on the right track and as times progress we need to progress with it ...do what we did / do in another way ...Imput away mate !😊
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:56 am

Table booked at DASHWOOD roadhouse as it now known, ( had a refurb ) 1230 hrs for 10 pers...more can be seated as and when .
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

fat nick
Club Member

Post by fat nick » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:09 am

Thanx Fossie….
:ugeek:

KOC 291

sparki
Committee Member

Post by sparki » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:00 pm

will come up on the sunday i think... wont be there for the saturday night
Steve
KOCUK - 241

My Gallery

fat nick
Club Member

Post by fat nick » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:55 pm

I am a Sunday traveller as well …. Think I am bringing Steve with me :)
:ugeek:

KOC 291

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:43 pm

We are going to Kent first on Saturday , then West Sussex , getting to the George and Dragon in west Wycombe evening time ..is there a distance ...daft bugger award ?
On the plus side that's the annualxmas visits sorted ! :D
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

Uncle Bob
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Bob » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:59 pm

I'm not going to make it Sunday. Time (not enough) and cost (too much at present!).

Someone else needs to take on the admin side as to be fairly honest, I hate admin! It's not just this admin, all admin. I put off my own (company) admin, as I dislike that as well but I don't get paid without doing that (or get fined if it's tax to pay) and it's still a struggle to get the motivation to do it and it always builds up because of that!

Without the admin looming over me I can try and do the Pride (again). The current system is in MS Access but I can convert to Excel (spreadsheet) if that makes it easier for someone else to take on. Whoever does it will need to check the email etc which you can do in a web browser (SteveM does it this way). I was never really chairman either, I was just not there when I was voted to be it - if you want to discuss that... Fossie called the AGM which is a Chairman's task (possibly really the only one?), so really he is doing a good job (has he done it before? :-) )

If no-one wants to take on the admin role the only option is to go free on membership for now. There is probably enough in Paypal to cover insurance and forum hosting for a few years if required. If someone steps up to do it are we going back to £5 a year again from April 2023?

Going to the German rally next year sounds interesting - by then my time issues (too much work) will hopefully be getting resolved, though that might lead to a lack of funds...

Cheers

UB