56th Katana Meeting Germany

For all discussion of any events
Jonty
Club Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat May 28, 2022 6:27 pm
Location: Croxley Green
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Contact:

Re: 56th Katana Meeting Germany

Post by Jonty » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:09 pm

sparki wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:53 am
Jonty wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:59 am
johnr wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:39 pm


i always found formula one hotels were a pittance and always available. aand you can book your next night at another one before you leave your current one.
Nearest one is 30km away.
you want to sty in an air BNB during the rally weekend? youll miss all the fun and atmosphere if thats the plan
I'm not a camper, so will probably leave bike there and get taxi back to bed!

User avatar
sparki
Committee Member
Posts: 1698
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:43 am
Location: Surrey, UK
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: 56th Katana Meeting Germany

Post by sparki » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:41 am

Jonty wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:09 pm
sparki wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:53 am
Jonty wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:59 am


Nearest one is 30km away.
you want to sty in an air BNB during the rally weekend? youll miss all the fun and atmosphere if thats the plan
I'm not a camper, so will probably leave bike there and get taxi back to bed!
well if thats yer preference, so be it... a lot of gatherings arent in the most populated areas so taxis may not be that easy late at night and sunday mornings. just a thought. you'll be missing the best bits though imo but if you cant camp, well, you cant camp
Steve
KOCUK - 241

My Gallery

Jonty
Club Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat May 28, 2022 6:27 pm
Location: Croxley Green
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Contact:

Re: 56th Katana Meeting Germany

Post by Jonty » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:01 pm

sparki wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:41 am
Jonty wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:09 pm
sparki wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:53 am


you want to sty in an air BNB during the rally weekend? youll miss all the fun and atmosphere if thats the plan
I'm not a camper, so will probably leave bike there and get taxi back to bed!
well if thats yer preference, so be it... a lot of gatherings arent in the most populated areas so taxis may not be that easy late at night and sunday mornings. just a thought. you'll be missing the best bits though imo but if you cant camp, well, you cant camp
Ive done my camping in past at Le Mans, Assen, Spa, Bol etc. I dont have the gear anymore and quite happy to sleep in a proper bed!

Up at Eurokat I stayed in local hotel, worked ok, but you're right, taxi not that easy to find. I like to travel light, I'm not forking out for camping gear and then stacking bike with loads of bags.

Found a place 10 mins away, they'll put my bike in garage for me if I want and advise me of some good local places to see, so I'll either leave bike at venue or at hotel and taxi in and out staying for as long as I like.

Looking forward to some good rides out.

User avatar
Pedda
Club Member
Posts: 1455
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:21 am
Location: Stadtlohn, Germany
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 176 times

Re: 56th Katana Meeting Germany

Post by Pedda » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:45 pm

So we got jmac and Jonty on the list so far.

Anyone else finalized plans as of now?

Not that I‘m rushing things… just take it as a heads up 😬

Jonty
Club Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat May 28, 2022 6:27 pm
Location: Croxley Green
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Contact:

Re: 56th Katana Meeting Germany

Post by Jonty » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:16 pm

I'm getting Dover-Dunkirk ferry on Monday morning.
Staying in Mechelen, Holland with an ex on Monday
Kirn near Coachem for Tuesday and Wednesday nights
Near Lutersheim for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights and then back to Hook on Sunday.

Really looking forward to it!

User avatar
Pedda
Club Member
Posts: 1455
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:21 am
Location: Stadtlohn, Germany
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 176 times

Re: 56th Katana Meeting Germany

Post by Pedda » Tue May 23, 2023 8:10 pm

Ahem...
just a month away, folks. We still got jmac and jonty, anyone else want me to book you breakfasts for the rally?
Pedda wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:45 pm
So we got jmac and Jonty on the list so far.

Anyone else finalized plans as of now?

Not that I‘m rushing things… just take it as a heads up 😬

Jonty
Club Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat May 28, 2022 6:27 pm
Location: Croxley Green
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Contact:

Re: 56th Katana Meeting Germany

Post by Jonty » Tue May 23, 2023 10:05 pm

Pedda wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:10 pm
Ahem...
just a month away, folks. We still got jmac and jonty, anyone else want me to book you breakfasts for the rally?
Pedda wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:45 pm
So we got jmac and Jonty on the list so far.

Anyone else finalized plans as of now?

Not that I‘m rushing things… just take it as a heads up 😬
Looking forward!

User avatar
Kryten
Club Member
Posts: 1566
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:13 pm
Location: North Norfolk
Has thanked: 93 times
Been thanked: 234 times

Re: 56th Katana Meeting Germany

Post by Kryten » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:01 pm

Pedda wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:10 pm
Ahem...
just a month away, folks. We still got jmac and jonty, anyone else want me to book you breakfasts for the rally?
Pedda wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:45 pm
So we got jmac and Jonty on the list so far.

Anyone else finalized plans as of now?

Not that I‘m rushing things… just take it as a heads up 😬
I’ve just booked the ferry crossing for this one.

Harwich to The Hook: Wednesday 21st Overnight ferry
Thursday hope to meet up with Lex then onto Pedda’s (Thanks in advance)
Friday on to 56th
Sunday back to The Hook in the company of Jonty for the overnight ferry to Harwich….



………what could possibly go wrong :lol:
Jim

750 SZ (Not So) Skruffy Kat
1000 SZ in bits
7/11 SZ Long term
T509 Back on the road!

It was a New Day yesterday but, by God, it's an Old Day now!

User avatar
Pedda
Club Member
Posts: 1455
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:21 am
Location: Stadtlohn, Germany
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 176 times

Re: 56th Katana Meeting Germany

Post by Pedda » Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:15 am

Excellent!
Are you and Lex up for camping, which means breakfasts at the site? Organizers need to know rough numbers for the caterer. I‘ll announce you as soon as you let me know.

You get my address and mobile no. via pm

User avatar
Kryten
Club Member
Posts: 1566
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:13 pm
Location: North Norfolk
Has thanked: 93 times
Been thanked: 234 times

Re: 56th Katana Meeting Germany

Post by Kryten » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:00 am

Pedda wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:15 am
Excellent!
Are you and Lex up for camping, which means breakfasts at the site? Organizers need to know rough numbers for the caterer. I‘ll announce you as soon as you let me know.

You get my address and mobile no. via pm
I don't think Lex is coming along to the rally, I just meeting up for a coffee as he's near the ferry port.
I will be camping at the rally, and breakfast is always appreciated 😂👍👍
Jim

750 SZ (Not So) Skruffy Kat
1000 SZ in bits
7/11 SZ Long term
T509 Back on the road!

It was a New Day yesterday but, by God, it's an Old Day now!

Post Reply