Muth Design Book

To see more of the forum and also joining information see here first.
Pedda
Club Member

Muth Design Book

Post by Pedda » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:06 pm

Hans edited a 184 or so pages book about his entire design Life. For us Katana bunch he offers to manage orders personally. He will add a personal dedication on request plus an extra print of a design sketch.
German language. Do not expect me to translate that.
English version is considered, but not done yet. No idea if it ever will.
39,50 EUR plus shipping.
Could do a bulk order if there's interst. If you just want the book how sold anywhere else, see attachement.
Flyer Design Macht Mut(h).pdf
(400.75 KiB) Downloaded 271 times

johnr
Club Member

Re: Muth Design Book

Post by johnr » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:30 pm

id be interested in that pedda.
My Gallery

KOC 004

PaulD
Club Member

Post by PaulD » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:48 pm

johnr wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:30 pm
id be interested in that pedda.
Me too 8-)
There rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
KOC member 453

Pedda
Club Member

Post by Pedda » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:32 pm

Okay then. Send me a pm with your postal addresses, please. I'll let you know total costs as soon as I know.

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:50 pm

Pedda could I have one please for the club ... Do you think Mr Muth could add a postscript for the katanaowners club uk . Cheers.
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

Pedda
Club Member

Post by Pedda » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:03 am

Hmh, one book for the club seems a good option.
I had a chat with Christian from the KOC.DE today, as the german club spread the word of Muth's offer concerning that book. They planned having him at their marquee for promotion at the motorbike show wich took place a few days ago. He had to cancel appearance due to health circumstances. This lead to this kind of 'personal promotion thing' he offered to the katana bunch.

Christian got a copy of said book in advance. And his verdict is pretty clear: the book reflects Muth's entire job life as a product designer over the last few decades. Sort of self-promotion. Few decades is a bit misleading, as he is about 85 years old now... we talk about many decades in fact, the Katana theme only being a small part of it. Plus: it is German language. So the book has to be considered as a collector's item for the hardcore fans, really. Christian himself ordered that booklet which Suzuki edited when they launched the new katana. Much more interesting for us, he recons, as it covers the real Katanas as well. More than the book, to say the least. # for ordering is 990V0-Katan-BK, about 30 EUR in Germany.

My personal view: I witnessed a sort of dia presentation done by Muth back in the day, early 90ies. Specially done on invitation of the German KOC, held at the hard rock cafe in berlin. Very interesting, Muth turned out an absolutely nice guy. Motorbikewise: MV Agusta, BMW, Suzuki. What else? Golf bats, razors and things. I will not buy the book.

As there are three folks of here interested up to the moment, I'd say: just think about it twice now that there's more info and let me know if you are still up for it, keeping in mind that we might have a copy for the club we could hand around.

PaulD
Club Member

Post by PaulD » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:15 pm

Well as I’m a book lover and serial collector something this unique is of real interest to me. So yes I would still like one just for the sake of owning it please.
There rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
KOC member 453

Pedda
Club Member

Post by Pedda » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:12 am

Alright, I take it everybody neither explicetly stepped back nor confirmed is still up for it? Last orders, folks. I'll contact Mr. Muth next week, apparently.

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:18 am

Cheers Pedda ...once read a book about Stark ...the guy who designed the the aprilla 650 moto .....thingy....it was interesting to see the things he designed from toothbrushes, furniture, and odd motorcycle. So this should be the same.
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

sparki
Committee Member

Post by sparki » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:31 pm

if we have one for the club then maybe fossie can read us all bedtime stories at our next gathering :)
Steve
KOCUK - 241

My Gallery