Exciting news for Bikeazoid

To see more of the forum and also joining information see here first.
fossie
Club Member

Re: Exciting news for Bikeazoid

Post by fossie » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:50 pm

Have we upset our American friend ...not heard from him since ......hmmmmm
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

Bikeazoid
Club Member

Post by Bikeazoid » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:44 pm

Yes, our electoral college favors Republican states, what we call fly over states, or the ones in the middle.

So states like Idaho, a voter there has the voting power of 17 Californians. Ca always votes Dem, as does New York and other stronger states. That's why neither party will campaign in these safe states. And it gets worse, there is little reason to spend federal money on us either, why bother.

Thats why we Californians get so pissed we see all these fly over states not wearing masks. See Kentucky, a fly over state doesn't have enough money to fund itself, so each year stronger states like CA and NY have to pay them our federal money, so this year when the medical costs due to their ignorance are going to be billions, that is coming from CA and other Dem states.

I wish we were like you, two parties, you vote for the party then the party picks a president.

I'm so proud to be a Californian I really love our state, but kinda embarrassed to be an American.
82 Katana 1000 (work in progress, but she will be beautiful she has a dedicated sugar daddy)
2010 Z1000 (50k miles, I think that is like 60 Kilometer's or so)

www.CreepyKat.com
www.thepryorhouse.com

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:02 pm

An update from our man with his finger on the current pulse :D thank you.

You know what,although we have more parties here and you can vote for the one you want, it ain't really that true , you can only vote for the party you want, IF , they actually enter a candidate in your constituency ....which in my area is pointless as I live in Salford . Where they always vote for labour no matter what ...they could nominate a dead pig paint it red and it'd be voted in! :roll:
We kinda have the same situation about them and us ....inside the M25 and the rest of the UK. :lol:
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

GSF34058
Club Member

Post by GSF34058 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:35 am

fossie wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:02 pm
...........inside the M25 and the rest of the UK. :lol:
Phew. That's a close shave for me. I live three miles outside the M25. I hope you won't chuck me out of the club for this.

And a thank you to Bikeazoid for explaining about the politics of US politics. This comes from someone who once voted for Victor Litvin, of the 'Pro-Nuclear Holocaust Masturbation Freedom Party'. :lol: I'm not making that up. It was in the 1984 South West Surrey by-election. Have a Goooooooooooooooooooooogle. :roll:

David
Nothing screams poor workmanship quite like wrinkles in your duct tape.

Bikeazoid
Club Member

Post by Bikeazoid » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:22 pm

Thanks I didn't know about how you vote, I think I'm going to look into how England votes, more you guys have me more curious about England since this is (truly) the only social media I'm on.

The Politics here got so harsh, more than I have ever seen before, I just cant take seeing my colse friends get so angry and racist. That and how I see Covid go nutz here, me and the wife are kinda still getting over round two of it. 2nd time was easier for me, and worse for Wifie, I got it from my Wife's brother who died from it, first person I ever saw on a respirator. Besides movies.
82 Katana 1000 (work in progress, but she will be beautiful she has a dedicated sugar daddy)

www.CreepyKat.com
www.thepryorhouse.com

Bikeazoid
Club Member

Post by Bikeazoid » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:42 pm

fossie wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:50 pm
Have we upset our American friend ...not heard from him since ......hmmmmm
Fossie, I missed that. Sorry, no I wasn't upset. I'm probably the least upsetable American you will know.
People I meet always tell me that. Let me see the ways I got up set this year.

My neighbors started parking blocking my drive way and would not move when asked. So Passive aggressive me parked a motorcycle (not the CreepyKat) in the parking space next to my drive way.

And my Moron friends that voted for Cheeto Jesus (Trump).

That's pretty much it. Yesterday I got a letter form the IRS (government) that I owe 16k in additional taxes, AND, it says I need to pay my Nov 30th, there was another letter that said, due to Covid I have until Jan 29th and that was the reason for the delay on me getting it. And that didn't even make me angry, but I did have a little extra wine.
Capture.JPG

www.CreepyKat.com
www.thepryorhouse.com

GSF34058
Club Member

Post by GSF34058 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:51 pm

Did you get a $1,200 cheque/check from The Orange Orangutan to help pay your tax bill? Mrs GSF34058 got one, and she renounced her US citizenship 23 months ago! :lol:

Not the first time we have benefited from the USA. Some years ago she got a demand from the IRS for something that they had not put on the tax form. We had to borrow money to pay for it. Then we could reclaim the money for some reason; but it HAD to be paid first. It was quite a large sum, and due to exchange rate fluctuations between paying and reclaiming we made a tidy sum. I don't think it was worth the stress and hassle though.

David
Nothing screams poor workmanship quite like wrinkles in your duct tape.

Bikeazoid
Club Member

Post by Bikeazoid » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:01 pm

GSF34058 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:51 pm
Did you get a $1,200 cheque/check from The Orange Orangutan to help pay your tax bill? Mrs GSF34058 got one, and she renounced her US citizenship 23 months ago! :lol:

Not the first time we have benefited from the USA. Some years ago she got a demand from the IRS for something that they had not put on the tax form. We had to borrow money to pay for it. Then we could reclaim the money for some reason; but it HAD to be paid first. It was quite a large sum, and due to exchange rate fluctuations between paying and reclaiming we made a tidy sum. I don't think it was worth the stress and hassle though.

David
Crap that sucks. Wifie and I both got the 1200 smackers. I'm a contractor so I can get a super low interest rate loan that is a 40 year loan, but I'm opting out.

Not to change the thread again, but it is mine and I checked the forums covenants conditions and restrictions and I can. I just read that London is almost total lockdown due to some new thread of Virus, does that affect anyone here?

www.CreepyKat.com
www.thepryorhouse.com

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:54 am

Its only news because it affects London the rest of the U.K. espiecally in the North have had greater restrictions for many months ....
My wife is a NHS nurse and works on a covid ward , contra to the reported news the wards are no full of .......infact there are spare beds and most people in them didn't know they had it. They came in hospital for a procedure and in a routine swap discovered they had it.
I in turn dispatch for a blood lab, and collect these swaps in the hundreds every day and the + rate is around 1% ... The costs to the public for these test by the way are 6x that of a normal test and every possible clinic is cashing in .
The picture painted on the Internet and news channels abut life ain't what we see around here .
Short of my daughter having to come home from Scotland after the pub closed for good and the one she works in here furloughed her, life is as it was .
As for mutating viruses , that is what they do , every virus does , it isn't anymore special in that respect.
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

Smallkat
Club Member

Post by Smallkat » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:01 pm

In my part of Lancashire, people are just carrying on like normal. We've just been swabbed today as part of the Office of National Statistics random population survey.
GSX250SS Tinykat (gone, but the hole in my wallet not forgotten)
GSX400SS Smallkat
GT250 X7
GT200 X5
BMW R1250R