Facebook Private Group

To see more of the forum and also joining information see here first.
Uncle Bob
Site Admin

Facebook Private Group

Post by Uncle Bob » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:10 pm

I have created a Facebook group which is private and for members only (we currently only have a public page for info not really discussion). Not sure if a good thing or not but there'll be some who will be on the forum only, some who are happy with the FB group only and some that will do both. Although I think the forum is better with it's multiple threads and finding older data, FB is just easier on mobile devices (especially sharing pictures) and quick posts but more transient (IMO).

As stated it is a private group, so if you post it will be limited to club members to see. Feel free to post anything of interest or things you are up to even if not necessarily Katana related (nice to be social!)

Worth giving it try to see how it goes?

Please request to join at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1046215976202806

I'll send an email out to all members and also give info on the AGM and Manchester show in the next day or so.
Agree / Disagree / Suggestions - post below.

Thanks

UB

PS Yes I am a still alive!

Uncle Bob
Site Admin

Re: Facebook Private Group

Post by Uncle Bob » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:50 am

Something I hadn't realised before in FB Groups - if you post something, tag it with relevant tags and then it makes it easier for others to find topics in the Topics section (see pic below).
fb-topics.JPG

Brad GSX1100SD
Club Member

Post by Brad GSX1100SD » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:42 pm

To whom it may concern,

I paid £10 membership through PayPal on 10 Dec., 2021, & wish to search/post for the parts which were missing when my Kat's previous owner, Clive, recovered his stolen bike.
Is this facility available to me without registering on FBook? I really hope it is?

I was hoping to find these parts in the UK or amongst members, before searching & purchasing from abroad.

Best Wishes for a Wonderful New Year to come,
Brad.

stockcar
Club Member

Post by stockcar » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:51 pm

Stick a list in the "wanted" section.....