Good while it lasted

For discussion on the GSX750 S3 and S4
Berti44
Club Member

Good while it lasted

Post by Berti44 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:57 pm

:( Did two trips about 130 both times no problem. Mainly 30 - 60 with odd burst on 75-80. No problems.
Went on motorway cruising 70ish started to lose power. Hard shoulder job. Anyway got going again, got off motorway, 30 - 40 mph home no problem. So I’m thinking/hoping fuel issue. I’ve got a small fuel filter fitted looks clean but wondering if it’s getting through okay at MWAY speeds? Anyway fitted car filter now. Checked compression when cold and got 145 - 145 - 155 - 140 psi so I guess that’s all good?
I’ve a another teething problem. I forgot to put the spring on the idler screw after build, guess what happened? …. The mother screwed itself in, so I pulled up at a junction. Pulled the clutch in and revved it’s knackers off to 4.5k. Had to back it off so there was pressure with it up against the airbox. I’ve just invented stop/start technology for kats. What a game.
Anyway resting easy now I think I’ve solved the lack of umph at 70- cruising.
Hope to test her out soon.
On was on a high for several days but now my bubble has bust.

fossie
Club Member

Re: Good while it lasted

Post by fossie » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:19 pm

Keep up the good work my man....remember is character building :D :D :D
As for idle screw ...don't know why but last time I fitted pop up carbs no matter what I did they would go on straight ...front in or back in. Not both ....yep the idle screw was against the airbox ..once I rectified the issue plop .....on it was days of grrrrrring ... :mrgreen:
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

Smallkat
Club Member

Re: Good while it lasted

Post by Smallkat » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:46 am

Don't give up (as a certain English songstress may have said), these old bits of crap always have some problem or another. Or is that just my ones?
GSX250SS Tinykat (gone, but the hole in my wallet not forgotten)
GSX400SS Smallkat
GT250 X7
GT200 X5
BMW R1250R