#Controversial statement#

The 1990's Japanese market GSX250SSN (GJ76A) and GSX400SSN (GK77A)
Kiwipen

#Controversial statement#

Post by Kiwipen » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:32 am

O.k this is it .I gotta say just don’t use crap fuel and the 400s is a SWEET machine.Dont blame the bike ..blame your fuel company or just use an additive and this bike is frikken awesome!! I have added another bike to my garage recently and as it’s winter I want to ride it but I keep going back to this Katana.!! I can’t explain why it just fucken works!
I have a lot of bikes and intend to have many more but I genuinely don’t think I will ever sell this!

pookie

Re: #Controversial statement#

Post by pookie » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:25 pm

You're right, the smaller water cooled Kats are great fun and have brakes and tyres owners of the original bikes can only dream of, being small and revvy the best thing i've found out about my 250 Kat is that even keeping within the national speed limit you can still have fun with 10500 revs at 60mph (100kph) and a redline at 15,500 rpm the bike sounds like a 1960's multi cylinder race bike, just had a ride round the block on mine, because of this crazy planet you're talking about winterizing your bikes but here in the UK summer is just starting and it's 24 degrees centigrade today! so don't worry, it's not only you who thinks that the '90s watercooled Kats are one of bikings best kept secrets.

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:46 pm

What's this "winterising bikes". Must be a misspelling ....you mean winter riding obviuosly :twisted:
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

pookie

Post by pookie » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:35 pm

Fossie, winterizing a bike comes from across the pond, the good ol' USA, if you watch most yank you tube videos they mention winterizing which is preparing your bike for winter, draining carbs, filling tank to brim with super unleaded fuel and fuel additive, even raising the bike so that the tyres don't touch the ground, as you're an all weather, all year round biker you've probably never heard of these rituals, but us effeminate types don't like the danger and discomfort of winter riding :oops: P.S just spotted the sarcastic devil head at the end of your post, you're an anti winterizer!

Kiwipen

Post by Kiwipen » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:48 am

pookie wrote:You're right, the smaller water cooled Kats are great fun and have brakes and tyres owners of the original bikes can only dream of, being small and revvy the best thing i've found out about my 250 Kat is that even keeping within the national speed limit you can still have fun with 10500 revs at 60mph (100kph) and a redline at 15,500 rpm the bike sounds like a 1960's multi cylinder race bike, just had a ride round the block on mine, because of this crazy planet you're talking about winterizing your bikes but here in the UK summer is just starting and it's 24 degrees centigrade today! so don't worry, it's not only you who thinks that the '90s watercooled Kats are one of bikings best kept secrets.
Legend mate !