Aternator cover need.... please!

The 1990's Japanese market GSX250SSN (GJ76A) and GSX400SSN (GK77A)
johnD

Aternator cover need.... please!

Post by johnD » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:53 am

Hi all.
Had a little tick box run out yesterday, down to Matlock for the clssic bike meet at the Duke William pub. Happens first Wednesday of the month. Didn't think many would turn up as its the end of the season, but the weather was actually quite good. Very surprised at the numbers turning up, some outstanding examples of Brit, Italian and Jap, the little Kat attracted more than its share of interested viewers.
I will post pics as soon as my mate sends them to me, packed everything... except my phone, senior moment.
Anyhoo. as you leave the carpark, the road dips into a steep incline. rolling down, front wheel hit the edge of a large metal grid, tried to save it, but feet dangling in thin air. I managed to ease it down, but the circular cover on the alternator has been badly scuffed and dented. so... I could do with a good replacement if anyone in the collective could help me out?
Cheers all, feeling a bit foolish......

fossie
Club Member

Re: Aternator cover need.... please!

Post by fossie » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:15 pm

Do you mean the sticker in the centre? Can you give diameter measurements as I have a few NOS ones . Eitherway they are available from Suzuki if I fail.
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

johnD

Post by johnD » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:25 pm

Hi Fossie.
I have a decal ordered, but the case took a bit of a hit so I would really prefer an undamaged one to replace it.
If non turn up I can get by with this one, thanks and cheers, and a few pics of the meet.
mat2.gif
mat1.gif

tigcraft

Post by tigcraft » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:17 pm

Stick a pic on here. Probably can be repaired by someone who knows his stuff.
Old School repairer and magic maker.

Greenmist
Club Member

Post by Greenmist » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:33 pm

I know it is a tardy reply, but the cover on an impulse 400 is identical, also if stuck a 400 bandit fits but looks different.