EFE motor mount question

For discussion for any of the above bikes.
johnr
Club Member

Re: EFE motor mount question

Post by johnr » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:42 pm

1100 ez isnt really a great step up on the 1000 power wise. youd be better buying an 1170 wiseco big bore kit and keeping your existing motor, particularly since the 1000 has stronger internal components.
My Gallery

KOC 004

Bikeazoid
Club Member

Post by Bikeazoid » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:03 pm

Wow thanks, so My 1000 (82) has stronger internals than an 85 GS1150ES?

I really just wanted a black shiny motor. And a ton of power, so I was planning on the bore job and all.

Where do you get parts for these? I keep looking for cams, pistons, clutch covers, stuff like that.
82 Katana 1000 (work in progress, but she will be beautiful she has a dedicated sugar daddy)
2010 Z1000 (50k miles, I think that is like 60 Kilometer's or so)

www.CreepyKat.com
www.thepryorhouse.com

johnr
Club Member

Post by johnr » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:16 pm

well when theyre building big bhp performance engines using a gsx motor, they go for kat thou rods, the 493 rods are reputedly good for 400 plus bhp! efe cases are stronger, and the 18mm small end isnt as good as the efe with its 20mm one, but theyre still the rod of choice for performance builders. cranks need welding (efe already has a welded crank) but theres not much in it unless youre going for silly high bhp turbo applications. however, as i already said, getting big bhp from a aircooled gsx motor is not cheeap. the prep required to beef it up before adding boost is calculated in thousands, whereas something like a bandit is pretty much upto scratch from the outset.
i suppose the limiting factor in all this is whether you can actually find a motor.
My Gallery

KOC 004

Bikeazoid
Club Member

Post by Bikeazoid » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:55 am

Blix, no in CA you can do anything you want to a bike, there is no smoging bikes, just cars. Somehow While middle aged men (what I like to call the Tommy Bihama crowd) love their eardrum splitting harleys so that pretty much loopholes us in.

I never go for the unbaffled stuff, but I have never gotten a ticket for having a full race pipe on any of my 20 bikes. Seriously, some of the harleys you can here from miles and miles away and up close you have to cup your ears.

I think I'm going to do velocity stacks and a full system with a bore job and porting and polish and 38 mm Mikuni's. Wifie has been remodeling the casa and Ive been super busy with work, but I can't wait to get started.
82 Katana 1000 (work in progress, but she will be beautiful she has a dedicated sugar daddy)
2010 Z1000 (50k miles, I think that is like 60 Kilometer's or so)

www.CreepyKat.com
www.thepryorhouse.com