My old XN85

We felt sorry for them; They needed to have a home!
mikefido

My old XN85

Post by mikefido » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:28 pm

Found some old pics of my XN85, taken around late 1986 / early 1987!

Outward bound ...

... and returning

Don't know if she's smiling more when we got back because she enjoyed it so much or because the ride was over!? :?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory!

bobster

Re: My old XN85

Post by bobster » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:09 pm

Cool pics...............I think you need another one!

Mine is for sale on ebay ;-)

£3100 to club members!

mikefido

Post by mikefido » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:38 am

Is that the one in Barrow or the one in Reading?
I'm interested in getting another (to be honest I'd love my old one back, was on a 'C' plate so it's neither of those on ebay!) but got no time to go and look at them/bring them back and haven't got £3000 cash spare at the moment!
If I can PayPal it you (If I pay the charges) and you could arrange transport to Rugby area (which I'll cover) I'd jump at it! :P
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory!

bobster

Post by bobster » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:09 pm

You have PM.............

Have you got the money though? Your post doesnt really make sense ;-)

mikefido

Post by mikefido » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:00 pm

I'm a happy chappie :D

bobster

Post by bobster » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:07 pm

So am I............I do hope you like it! ;-)

Hope to deliver it Mon or Tuesday, I now have the trailer and Bobster's your uncle!

AndySwad
Club Member

Post by AndySwad » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:46 pm

I do hope we will see this machine at club functions, I do have a soft spot for these
KOC 49

Are you sure it's a Kat? Kat engine, Kat clocks, Kat wheels and forks? Mmm! It's not silver is it!

mikefido

Post by mikefido » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:42 pm

Got out for a ride around the Cotswolds Wednesday - got a few funny looks! but had a great time re-living being 20 again!

bobster

Post by bobster » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:20 pm

Glad you are getting out on the old girl, she's spent far too many years cooped up!...............And i Hope everything went well ! ;-)

mikefido

Post by mikefido » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:22 pm

All runs well - seem to remember my old turbo coming in with more ooommmppphhhh, but that might just be a bit of the rose tinted!!

Need to look at the clocks as 4th turbo segment doesn't come on when ignition turned on, and when running, the LCD fades as the turbo comes on line, then re-establishes itself (but the boost gauge won't show more than three segments). Any ideas??? :?:
Got to take the clocks apart anyway to get that dead woodlouse out!!!!

Went out on it again last night to the bike meeting at 'The Wharf' in Fenny Compton, some of them there even knew what it was!!! :P