Over the mountain

Got some photos or videos of your bike? Post them up in here.
Ash

Over the mountain

Post by Ash » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:19 pm

It's been a pretty wet week on the Isle of Man for TT Week and all days had delays and the Senior was eventually cancelled. I hardly got out at all on a bike all week. Today the sun was shining so a lap around the course was in order (with lunch at the Sulby Glen Hotel). Video of the old Katana going over the mountain this afternoon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO2rJcm8t6o&f

Katgeezer
Club Member

Re: Over the mountain

Post by Katgeezer » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:55 am

Change your screen for a clear one mate then we can see a bit more ;) :D :D

And you got overtaken, what's all that about?? Thought you knew your way round?? :lol: :lol:

Sounds good when you give it the beans.
TOO MUCH IS NEVER ENOUGH

THE VULTURE WILL STRIKE

Chris KOC154

Lost count........

Ash

Post by Ash » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:48 pm

The road was actually pretty quite. A lot of riders had gone home by then and others were down at the Southern Circuit for the post TT races.

A better front mounting position would have been good, but I couldn't find anywhere else on the front of the bike to mount the camera.

Youtube has also done something to the video to get rid of shakes, which now just makes it look weird.

lomsavage
Club Member

Post by lomsavage » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:35 pm

Ash,

The "go pro" 3M adhesive mounts are really good

I used one on fairing just in front of headlight on obrut for ek4. Withstood torrential rain during first few days and was totally secure throughout the trip. Only disadvantage with that mounting point is you can't start/stop filming whilst riding.

There are also various "tube clamp kits" on the bay which look ok. I've got one of these which I'm hoping to test later this year when I do USA trip

H
Hello from H

"Sponsered By Typhoo and P G Tips and (now) Aprilia also"

No Kats and unlikely to ever have one again :shock: (hey ho, that is what life throws at us)

lomsavage
Club Member

Post by lomsavage » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:41 pm

Blix wrote:I've done this road many times in my yoof and doesn't matter how quick you go round it, there is always someone quicker :-)
In your yoof mick?

Bet it wasn't anywhere near as quick as this in your model T :-)
Hello from H

"Sponsered By Typhoo and P G Tips and (now) Aprilia also"

No Kats and unlikely to ever have one again :shock: (hey ho, that is what life throws at us)

Ash

Post by Ash » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:11 pm

I was using a Drift HD170. Which comes with various mounts, including a tube clamp, bought a cheap suction mount off eBay which stayed attached to the tank okay all the way around the TT Course. One advantage of the Drift camera is that it comes with a remote so you don't need to fiddle with the camera to start and stop filming. The camera also has a screen for checking what you have recorded which is handy.

I have another video on YouTube with the camera pointing backwards.

Katman
Club Member

Post by Katman » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:35 am

Next time try it with a clear screen so we can see what you see & just have the ignition key so to lose the "rattle" ;)

Otherwise very good, shame the wind blast can't be lost so we just hear the zorst
KOCUK 046 Jez
I'm not a complete idiot...................... some parts are missing!!!!!!!!

GSX750S3 ANATAK, GSX400SSN, GSX400 MK2 Impulse frame & an almost complete pile of 400 Kat parts to build a hybrid!! GS650G x 1 3/4...........
to be continued

My Gallery