Lockdown Temptation

Got some photos or videos of your bike? Post them up in here.
johnr
Club Member

Re: Lockdown Temptation

Post by johnr » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:02 pm

im having a fucking ball. work has told us that most of our clients arent calling in jobs due to shutdowns in retail, so we got sent home on full pay till 31 may, ive been in the shed every day, fixed the wiring and satnav on the beemer, completely rebuilt the katana moped, new engine wiring forks exhaust fuel system, the lot, it runs and everything works, so when i can mot it theres a katana ped for sale, and on with rewiring the katana as well as repainting and fitting new clocks and sorting the niggles from when i got it, after that, perhaps the 650 kat, perhaps the dr? garden is done, shed painted, all the little jobs ive been putting off for years are flying by. its fucking quality time, no in laws, no visitors, i pop out on the bike to blood donors every two weeks and theres always beer in the fridge. whats not to like, im keeping the world safe by being an anti social isolated hermit, its my dream.....
My Gallery

KOC 004

PaulD
Club Member

Post by PaulD » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:47 am

I’m with John on that, having just retired in January the novelty of being home hasn’t worn off yet! All the little jobs on the house are done and the Suzuki T500 project I started nearly four years ago is almost finished. The Kat will be gone over with a fine tooth comb next and polished to within an inch of its life. I’m having all my meals outside on the new patio set and slowly turning brown in all the lovely weather. Like John I’m an antisocial barsteward so what’s not to like?
There rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
KOC member 453

stockcar
Club Member

Post by stockcar » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:12 pm

This was posted on another forum and sets out very clearly reasonable grounds, etc......

https://www.college.police.uk/What-we-d ... excuse.pdf

PaulD
Club Member

Post by PaulD » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:28 pm

Well as I said in my previous post I dragged my Kat out of the garage and give her some much needed TLC I’ve neglected her since the lockdown as I’ve been busy with the resto in my other bike. So oil & filter change plugs checked and then washed and polished to within an inch of her life. Just a bloody shame I can’t go for a blast :cry:
Attachments
F8E7E6B9-4465-4EB2-A5CA-6E185FBB6511.jpeg
There rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
KOC member 453

Uncle Bob
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Bob » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:51 am

Blix wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:44 am
Show the other bike as well, it’s a Suzuki so no probs imo
In fact why not start a thread, not as if we’re inundated with posts on here is it
Well I'm working my Honda...
Honda-PC50K1.jpg
Lockdown is a good excuse to get in the garage and not feel guilty about not seeing family etc! (I'm with JohnR on that :-) )

Engine is back in as can be seen and a bit later after this image I had it running again. So shocks are now apart and being painted, petrol tank is next to be stripped and painted, front light and electrics within to be finished and then front mudguard and leg shields to be refurbished to get most of the scratches out and dirt off (wet and dry 600, 1000, 2000 then Farecla G3 Compound followed by some matt clear coat). Hopefully it will be done by the end of the 2nd 3 week period of lockdown. I'm still working so back to weekends only garage time.

Then I might try and get the 250 Katana Carbs and frontend sorted and started to see what it sounds like or I might start on the Yamaha GT80, not sure yet. Both need full strip downs but not going to do that until I sort some more space out as working around 8 bikes in a single garage. Oh still need to build and fit 2nd set of carbs to one of the 1100's as I think ones on it are playing up, the Honda CT70 will just have to wait...

craik
Club Member

Post by craik » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:06 pm

I've been riding to the park to go for walks for exercise or for shopping some days. So the Katana is still getting some use.

johnr
Club Member

Post by johnr » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:37 pm

kat moped, new engine, stripped and cleaned under every panel, replaced shock, replaced forks, new battery, new engine mount, starts on the button, runs perfect, ready for its mot now and then its going.
Attachments
katped2.jpg
katped1.jpg
My Gallery

KOC 004

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:11 am

The last Kats were in a sort of semi faded red I believe, so this must be one of those rare sort after ones!
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

johnr
Club Member

Post by johnr » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:24 pm

i should put it in the watercooled kat part......
My Gallery

KOC 004

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:53 pm

johnr wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:24 pm
i should put it in the watercooled kat part......
Does it start ? Then it dosen't qualify ;)
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery