My 650G

Got some photos or videos of your bike? Post them up in here.
GSF34058
Club Member

My 650G

Post by GSF34058 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:27 pm

This is the only photo I have of my 650G. Does anyone recognise the paint job? It was like this when I bought it. Dream Machine???
My 650G.jpg
It was taken before I killed Bambi on the way to work one winter's day circa 1998. [Thinking of Tenpole Tudor singing 'Who killed Bambi?'] The deer ran out of the woods straight in front of me and got T boned. What a mess. The deer popped: guts everywhere! I hobbled about 1 mile home and had to hose myself down in the garden before going in the house. I was glad that I was wearing full waterproofs. When I got back to the bike with my car and trailer there was someone loading the corpse into their car boot! I hope they found it tasty. At least they weren't nicking the bike.

The accident put a big dent in the right side of the tank where the handle bar was bent back as the bike hit the road. I still have the scar in my right hand from when the lever I was using to straighten the bars out slipped and gouged my palm. Got a second hand set of clocks and a headlight from a breakers and was soon back on the road.

As an aside I once met Edward Tudor-Pole at a party. He did a couple of numbers on an acoustic guitar.

David.
Nothing screams poor workmanship quite like wrinkles in your duct tape.

Nicky Dodds
Club Member

Re: My 650G

Post by Nicky Dodds » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:14 pm

Sure I've seen this bike on eBay at some point
GSX1100SD
GS550MX.....5 year old grandaughter thinks it's hers!

GSF34058
Club Member

Re: My 650G

Post by GSF34058 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:02 am

Nicky Dodds wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:14 pm
Sure I've seen this bike on eBay at some point
I saw that advert too. I think there was a link to it on this forum, but I can't find it now. From what I remember it did look very like this bike, but there were slight differences in the paint scheme. I gave this bike, reg PKU977X, to a friend as a thank you for using his workshop for another non-bike project in 1998.

DVLA show that he did not use it for long. The last tax expired on 1st Nov. 1999. I think it was because he had a very short inside leg and found it was too far a reach to the ground when he was sat on the bike. His son probably rode it for a year and then gave up on it.

David.
Nothing screams poor workmanship quite like wrinkles in your duct tape.