Links and discussion on Katana and related parts on eBay
Uncle Bob
Site Admin

Re: On Yahoo.jp now

Post by Uncle Bob » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:19 pm

Bikeazoid wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:59 pm
Are Queen jokes still a thing?
Freddy Mercury, Venus Williams Williams Bruno Mars all happened to walk into the same bar.
But they didn't planet that way.
:shock: I'll get me coat!

BTW roughly $/1.33 = £ (so $800/1.33 = £601 - but then your joke of course doesn't work quite as well!

Bikeazoid
Club Member

Post by Bikeazoid » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:25 pm

Sorry I know the pound is worth more than the dollar, I just reversed my math.

Fun Bikeazoid fact, the only job I was ever fired from was Accounting, (very lowly accounts payable desk work) and that was a smart move on their part.
82 Katana 1000 (work in progress, but she will be beautiful she has a dedicated sugar daddy)
2010 Z1000 (50k miles, I think that is like 60 Kilometer's or so)

www.CreepyKat.com
www.thepryorhouse.com

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:56 pm

It's Maths by the way not math.. :lol: ;) :lol: it's a plural thing so must have an 's at the end. :ugeek:
We know it's the way it is said in the US , but it winds us ( some of us anyway) up ..as with route ...it's pronounced root , not rowt. A rowt is when a team/ side beats another decidedly. The word route is from the French route meaning road as in auto route etc ...
To you root can be a beer which is a type of drink that taste like Germoline. :lol: :o :oops:
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

Bikeazoid
Club Member

Post by Bikeazoid » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:04 am

fossie wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:56 pm
It's Maths by the way not math.. :lol: ;) :lol: it's a plural thing so must have an 's at the end. :ugeek:
We know it's the way it is said in the US , but it winds us ( some of us anyway) up ..as with route ...it's pronounced root , not rowt. A rowt is when a team/ side beats another decidedly. The word route is from the French route meaning road as in auto route etc ...
To you root can be a beer which is a type of drink that taste like Germoline. :lol: :o :oops:
Hey Fossie, I think you have a greater grasp of the Kings English than I. I, being Buddhist believe you have had more times on this earth than I. I'm starting to think most people in the UK have more rounds here than I. Thanks to this site to bringing me this Knowledge.

I have.... honestly never heard of the term "maths". If someone said it, I would think they were talking about a suite of several different approaches of solving an algorithm.

Side note I never graduated High School, I got cought running from the "Consibuls" on my 550 Yamaha Vision, with a pal on the back when I was 16ish. As I previous mentioned here. I ended up doing fine and it's a fun story to tell my Ivy League colleuges I work with.
82 Katana 1000 (work in progress, but she will be beautiful she has a dedicated sugar daddy)

www.CreepyKat.com
www.thepryorhouse.com

Uncle Bob
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Bob » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:03 pm

"Rowt" was one that gets me, though from the IT view point (we have routers, they have rowters).
Also although the roads are Rowts, when it came to that song about the "66" the American singer does use the "root" pronunciation (doesn't really work well singing Rowt 66 does it).
I also got used to having to type in color when programing (programming).

Actually a good read is Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mother-Tongue- ... 0141040084 ) - you will find that quite a few American English words we possibly take exception at are actually closer to the older English versions (so you could say technically more correct) as they didn't evolve.

UB

Bikeazoid
Club Member

Post by Bikeazoid » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:08 pm

Uncle Bob wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:03 pm
"Rowt" was one that gets me, though from the IT view point (we have routers, they have rowters).
Also although the roads are Rowts, when it came to that song about the "66" the American singer does use the "root" pronunciation (doesn't really work well singing Rowt 66 does it).
I also got used to having to type in color when programing (programming).

Actually a good read is Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mother-Tongue- ... 0141040084 ) - you will find that quite a few American English words we possibly take exception at are actually closer to the older English versions (so you could say technically more correct) as they didn't evolve.

UB
Depeche Mode redid Route 66, and since they are from England, did they fare any better?

www.CreepyKat.com
www.thepryorhouse.com

Smallkat
Club Member

Post by Smallkat » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:14 pm

And are they Depechay Mode or Depech Mode?
GSX250SS Tinykat (gone, but the hole in my wallet not forgotten)
GSX400SS Smallkat
GT250 X7
GT200 X5
BMW R1250R

Bikeazoid
Club Member

Post by Bikeazoid » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:35 pm

Smallkat wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:14 pm
And are they Depechay Mode or Depech Mode?
Here in the states it's the latter.

p.s. my favorite band is from England, New Order, and Bernard Sumner has the same birth day as me, not year, and Joy Division, the band New Order came from the lead singer Ian Curtis had Epilepsy like my wife.

I know you folk are big on trivia so I'm sure that's old news you you all.

www.CreepyKat.com
www.thepryorhouse.com

Brad GSX1100SD
Club Member

Post by Brad GSX1100SD » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 pm

Has everyone forgotten the motorcycle in all this, or have I wandered into a discussion on pronunciation, spelling & grammar?

Kryten
Club Member

Post by Kryten » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:44 pm

Brad GSX1100SD wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 pm
Has everyone forgotten the motorcycle in all this, or have I wandered into a discussion on pronunciation, spelling & grammar?
The motorcycle item at the start of the thread has long gone! All that is left is the tangential remainder of this thread pin-balling around the etherverse. :lol:

Pop into the “Say Hello” section and, er, say hello :D
Jim

750 SZ (Not So) Skruffy Kat
1000 SZ in bits
7/11 SZ Long term
T509 Back on the road!

It was a New Day yesterday but, by God, it's an Old Day now!