1100? Frame

Links and discussion on Katana and related parts on eBay
Bikeazoid
Club Member

Re: 1100? Frame

Post by Bikeazoid » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:25 pm

johnr wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:31 pm
its worthless without a frame number. all we know from what we can see is that its an sz frame, if its got no vin number, then its worth nothing at all. no vin means you will never get a v5 so it cant be put on the road. and no vin number means if you want to use it on the track theres a good chance you wont be allowed as the acu will check vin numbers at their events as part of scrutineering and they can and do ask for v5's as proof of ownership as they are keeen to root out the use of stolen bikes on tracks, so ground off engine and frame numbers are pretty likely to get you a fail at scrutineering. so a cut down frame with no legitimate identity and no way of getting one, i wouldnt give you tuppence for it.
Mail it to the US, none of that happens here, the DMV has never looked at any vehicle I have ever had, nor our Consibuls (?), they just check registration, they have never cross referenced anything, and I was pulled over allot in my youth. I was thinking of registering my new Bandit 1200 and putting the plates on my Kat since the Kat hasn't been registered since 09 and I owe 900 in back fees, but decided against since I want it to be registered as a Kat.
82 Katana 1000 (work in progress, but she will be beautiful she has a dedicated sugar daddy)
2010 Z1000 (50k miles, I think that is like 60 Kilometer's or so)

www.CreepyKat.com
www.thepryorhouse.com