sort after....?

Post by fossie » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:53 pm

CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

Tonykat
Club Member

Re: sort after....?

Post by Tonykat » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:45 pm

It’s been for sale for over 3 years, well overpriced 😂. I paid £3500 for mine couple of months back. 17 on How Many Left last year, none on the road then but at least one now and hopefully mine soon.

Jonty
Club Member

Post by Jonty » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:02 am

Tonykat wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:45 pm
It’s been for sale for over 3 years, well overpriced 😂. I paid £3500 for mine couple of months back. 17 on How Many Left last year, none on the road then but at least one now and hopefully mine soon.

How much would you value this one at?

Tonykat
Club Member

Post by Tonykat » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:16 pm

All depends on if you are happy with price, I have been looking for a while and two sold in last 12 months, one for £2600 needing a lot of tidying up and the other £4300 and still needed work on. I think I had my for a good price, replaced rear brake pistons and pads, forks are been rechromed and seals changed, service it and probably spent £500.
The three on eBay should be between £4000 and £5000 I think, the one in advert has a Fi which should be worth £100 but another dealer asking £1000 😂.
Because only a few around doesn’t make them more valuable but tell the dealers that. The other two are imports.

lomsavage
Club Member

Post by lomsavage » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:52 pm

the FI is (almost) impossible to get hold of, I paid around £250 many years ago
Not essential but less hassle than a multi meter
The XN are a VERY good bike, the price (as above) is what you are happy to pay
The biggest prob with owning one now is that if you ride it, things will break and most parts are now not available ANYWHERE
the silencers do not exist (I bought the last one over 10 years ago)
the electical components are "odd sizes" the reg/rec will go, but is so small would have to be re located to fit an alternative
I was tempted by the one in preston (in the add linked), it is very tidy and he could be talked down on price, but if you ride it in a few years it will be totally obselete
Hello from H

"Sponsered By Typhoo and P G Tips and (now) Aprilia also"

No Kats and unlikely to ever have one again :shock: (hey ho, that is what life throws at us)