Not a bad price...

A place to kick back and talk about anything and everything.
Cold Snail

Not a bad price...

Post by Cold Snail » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:45 pm

Just been on Argos's site and spotted this 2.2kW beauty for £100.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 070899.htm

I'm tempted, but it will take 35 days for delivery.

katanatom

Re: Not a bad price...

Post by katanatom » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:55 pm

I might be being a bit post xmas thick, but can't tell if that's petrol or diesel powered - I guess on size it's petrol. Looking for something economical that can run on home brew bio.
Alex AKA KatanaTom
ex - KOC 259

Cold Snail

Post by Cold Snail » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:11 pm

It'll be a petrol one at that money.

For the last few years, I've wanted one for my lockup, but now I've bought a decent 24v cordless drill, I don't think I would use it.

Deeds

Post by Deeds » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:41 am

Bugger! I recently bought a 1000W SIP genny from Costco as a back up to keep my central heating system running. That cost me about £170.

I never thought to look in the laminated book of dreams* for one.

(*with thanks to Bill Bailey)

johnr
Club Member

Post by johnr » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:49 pm

Deeds wrote:Bugger! I recently bought a 1000W SIP genny from Costco as a back up to keep my central heating system running. That cost me about £170.

I never thought to look in the laminated book of dreams* for one.

(*with thanks to Bill Bailey)
make sure that you have the right power output from the genny before you sit back and await a powercut! my fancy computer powered american fridge, despite having a 200 watt compressor, wont run from my 800 watt petrol genny. apparently its all about sine waves according to my electrically clued up mate. i might be making 220v and 50hz but if the sine wave isnt right, it wont power anything with a pcb, and if you have a modern heating boiler, than you might struggle to get it to run from a bog stock genny. ive an invertor now that i need to get connected up, basically it allows me to alter the sine wave to allow my electronics to run on the genny. you can get them from houseboat or caravan/campervan suppliers.

http://www.reuk.co.uk/Pure-Sine-Wave-Po ... erters.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"When choosing whether to purchase a modified square wave or a pure sine-wave inverter there are two main considerations. First off, which appliances do you intend to power? A pure sine-wave inverter can power any device/appliance which can be powered by mains electricity - a modified square wave inverter cannot."

"All inductive loads - fridges, pumps, many power tools and so on - must be powered by a pure sinewave inverter. Many pumps for example will just heat up and buzz when powered by a modified square wave inverter unable to pump since so much time is spent at 0 Volts."
My Gallery

KOC 004