XN85 a Kat?

A place to kick back and talk about anything and everything.
Pedda
Club Member

Re: XN85 a Kat?

Post by Pedda » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:06 pm

johnr wrote:
Pedda wrote:Cousins in-law belong in the family as well. Somehow...
we letting the katana-esque target designed bmw r65ls in then???

Let's discuss that as soon as we have a request, haha.

johnr
Club Member

Post by johnr » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:29 pm

i believe one uk club member already has one!!
My Gallery

KOC 004

Pedda
Club Member

Post by Pedda » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:37 pm

johnr wrote:i believe one uk club member already has one!!
Don't see a major problem here - if there's asking for technnical support from the site, the answers might be a bit poor... :lol:

johnr
Club Member

Post by johnr » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:43 pm

not really, i know bmw boxers inside out. loved em since the first one i had nearly 20 years ago!!
My Gallery

KOC 004

Pedda
Club Member

Post by Pedda » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:58 pm

Over here BMWs and particulary their riders have a certain (ambivalent) image in the rest of the bikers world.
In a nutshell: ironbutts who take care of not using a too loud pipe on their technical full-dressers, always riding in complete goretex gear in combination with a pop-up helmet, not behaving contrary to any law or EURO-Zone act, always trying to convert the rest of the bikers to do the same. :lol:
Funny thing is: it's true for at least 99% of 'em... :mrgreen:

I guess there's similar in everyone's neck of the woods.

lomsavage
Club Member

Post by lomsavage » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:07 pm

i had a k75 when despatching,

i found i could do anything and get away with it because plod just didn't believe that a bmw rider would do that (details on request, but not for admission on public forum)

must admit did a test ride on the R1100gs as well (the first "mono" front end one), most fun you could have with clothes on and ran rings round the k1200

H
Hello from H

"Sponsered By Typhoo and P G Tips and (now) Aprilia also"

No Kats and unlikely to ever have one again :shock: (hey ho, that is what life throws at us)

Deeds

Post by Deeds » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:33 am

Hey Pedda, Wearing Hein Gericke gore tex gear and a flip front lid has it's advantages. I've managed to avoid being booked by the cops twice after being stopped by mobile speed traps whilst wearing that gear.

When the cops with the radar trap speak to the polite, grey whiskered, gentleman motorcyclist on his 12 year old but completely standard Honda Blackbird, I think they take pity and appreciate that any transgression of the speed limits must simply have been a slight oversight.

I can't see that happening when I'm riding my Kat with it's loud pipe, dressed in my leather jacket, kevlar jeans and an iridium visored full face.

You're very accurate with the rest of your description about beemer riders though. They're always the ones that give folk the 'You stupid boy' headshake if they happen to see any riding that's even verging on the illegal.

Pedda
Club Member

Post by Pedda » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:00 pm

You'll notice a change in cops' behaviour as well when you lift your lid and they see a bald headed chap on that Kat while expecting a hool because of that juicy bike sound. I see the additional advantage of grey whiskers here...
When you dig out your logbook where any bike modification is evident (which means the log book has two more pages tagged to it), they give up.

Katman
Club Member

Post by Katman » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:39 pm

Pedda wrote:You'll notice a change in cops' behaviour as well when you lift your lid and they see a bald headed chap on that Kat while expecting a hool because of that juicy bike sound. I see the additional advantage of grey whiskers here...
Damn, I'd better keep a standard system on my bikes then cos I'm neither bald or grey :lol:
I've only got short hair now cos long hair aint practical in hot countries like Turkey.
ImageImage
KOCUK 046 Jez
I'm not a complete idiot...................... some parts are missing!!!!!!!!

GSX750S3 ANATAK, GSX400SSN, GSX400 MK2 Impulse frame & an almost complete pile of 400 Kat parts to build a hybrid!! GS650G x 1 3/4...........
to be continued

My Gallery