S'fun.....

A place to kick back and talk about anything and everything.
fossie
Club Member

S'fun.....

Post by fossie » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:30 pm

On a FB page for GS 650 Kats , a chap asked about the bike Harris is selling ...innocently asking if it's a 650 M ...I replied only in the US, here and the rest of the world it's a GX /Z . I pointed out this was a jap import which I once owned , it came with the Japanese market GS 650 G on the side panel...
Others confirmed ..
Along came an American who promptly told everyone we were all wrong..all Katana's were M designated the G model was not a Katana .... He knows because he's a Suzuki dealer for 40 years :roll: :o :shock:
A few posts later and an Australian posting pictures of the original factory manual showing the Katana as A 650 GX ...
Now the killer ..he then said that's the trouble with foreigners ...they read but don't digest the info ...
I obviously pointed out the original post was from the UK and the JDM bike was in UK ...He's the foreigner ! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I may have mentioned that the Kat was called M in the 50 odd states 'cos they obvious could deal with other models sharing the G ( which only means shaft drive ...) the GT was a tourer G=shaft , T = tourer
GL = shaft and ltd style ..(.hideous custom)

Poking the yank is both entertaining and frustrating ....but fun
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery