Civvies would've paid thousands ....

A place to kick back and talk about anything and everything.
fossie
Club Member

Civvies would've paid thousands ....

Post by fossie » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:27 pm

Was (is) a phrase often used in HM forces to summerise an activity that one didn't really want to do but had to...

So yesterday, after meeting someone I hadn't seen for years .. I had an importunate day off with my missus, she took me to a place where I given a gentle massage by a much younger blonde lady, the given some snazzy clothing ...and set for some posed photo's ...then told I had won a few more days off! :o ;)

In translation
The chain on my work bike snapped, locked up the back wheel dumping me mid high side on my shoulder ...the lad that helped pick the bike up was someone who painted Smands bike years ago...Smand on her way back from The local hospital after a night shift waited with me as the bike was picked ..(NOT BY THE *******RAC , WHO ARE S* IT (AS PREVIOUS POSTS )& just dropped the call 3 times after trying to find my location (by Tesco's in Irlam!,,,still waiting their call back )
Smand then drove me back to the Hospital for my pamper day of a poking , prodding , squeezing and rubbing ....oooher missus ...by a nurse practitioner who sent me for some X Ray's ...in a gown ...
The upshot is 4-6 weeks off due to broken collar bone .

This is the down side of a company bike kindof ...we specify that the front sprocket is changed every service ..7- 8000 miles as the chain lasts longer but once the front sprocket starts to wear ( which is obviously 3x more than the rear ) it eats the chain ....changing front sprocket mid means everything wears out evenly . BUT they haven't been doing it with these 72 plate bikes as a change in service manger ....who can't suss we are going to pay no issues anyway and 8000 miles is 6 weeks for us not 2 years like some .. And we need to replace the sprocket mid service anyway..... :lol:
The chain had just started clicking on uptake, indicative on hooked sprocket & I was going to book it in for the extra downtime caused by the unscheduled sprocket change ..

This morning they rang my manager to say the incident was caused by the back wheel being loose .. :x :twisted: :twisted:
Really ....I phoned and advised them that it wasn't loose until I loosed it to release the bloody snapped chain but due to a broken collar bone found it difficult to tighten it back up ...don't try and shove blame when we aren't claiming anyway.:twisted: :twisted: :roll:
Damage to bike was missing footpeg, pannier rail bent in and some scratches on panniers and screen ...nothing really .
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

stockcar
Club Member

Re: Civvies would've paid thousands ....

Post by stockcar » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:06 pm

cNuts.....

Hope your feeling better after the 'massage'.......

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:00 pm

Blix wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:06 pm
Hope you are ok Boss
Shaft drive is the answer
This is true and why when self e employed used a 650 Kat or 6...ironically I was using my 650 shaft to the oddballs rally next weekend ....not now :twisted: :roll:

So there's a free ticket if anyone wants it.
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

Smallkat
Club Member

Post by Smallkat » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:56 am

I hope you are feeling better soon and the pain isn't too bad. Or you have got some good painkillers!

Seems ridiculous that the service guy doesn't change your sprockets when you ask. I'm glad I don't employ him.
GSX250SS Tinykat (gone, but the hole in my wallet not forgotten)
GSX400SS Smallkat
GT250 X7
GT200 X5
BMW R1250R

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:18 pm

Not a lover of drugs to be honest and generally miss them , but apply inflammation cream 2x day ..
As for the service guy it's a Suzuki / Kawasaki main dealer .
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

Pedda
Club Member

Post by Pedda » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:40 pm

I guess you already made your way to France and get well there?

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:07 pm

Pedda wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:40 pm
I guess you already made your way to France and get well there?
Sadly NO ...I would feel worse to be honest when I got there there'd be so much to do that need both arms....I mean you are correct in that just lounging about in the house miles from anyone or anything is what the fracture clinic recommend but , still sitting still you'd end up making lists ..that makes you feel worse ....
Smand is going to France though .. ( it was prearranged :roll: ;) ) that way she'll only need to speak to me when the satalites are alined :mrgreen: :lol:

No I'm on horse duty, one handed will take all day but hey wtf else have I got to do ...( There is a list but again garages, bikes , cars , need 2 working hands/ arm mostly .. :twisted: )
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

Pedda
Club Member

Post by Pedda » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:44 pm

Smand not at home… hmh… I suspect you can still use your handicapped hand while it‘s hanging around your southern end at last? 😏

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:48 pm

:) lll :lol:
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

Smallkat
Club Member

Post by Smallkat » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:39 am

Pedda wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:44 pm
Smand not at home… hmh… I suspect you can still use your handicapped hand while it‘s hanging around your southern end at last? 😏
Does he mean what I think he means?
GSX250SS Tinykat (gone, but the hole in my wallet not forgotten)
GSX400SS Smallkat
GT250 X7
GT200 X5
BMW R1250R