Keith (KeKat)

A place to kick back and talk about anything and everything.
sparki
Committee Member

Keith (KeKat)

Post by sparki » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:22 pm

Yesterday, we received the most awful news that our good friend, trip planner, beer drinker, red bull guzzling, and story telling friend, Keith Elsender has passed away this week.
Keith was never short of a story, liked a beer any time of the day or night, and could plan a bike road trip like no other... we've stayed in the most fantastic locations and made some of the best memories thanks to this man.

My friend, Keith, I hope you are riding free bud, with the warm sun of your face and wind at your back. Until we meet again, I, and Belinda will miss you more than I think you realise 🙁

-----------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE as of this afternoon from Sandra (Keiths sister):

No more info regards cause of death. Keith is in Winchester hospital and there will be a post mortem as he died at home and was alone. His work noticed he hadn’t logged onto his computer (homeworker) so that started the chain of events.

Keiths wishes were to not have a ceremony so his sister is having a no frills funeral where there is a very limited number (8) of people are able to attend. So sister / family, Iain / friend and a few folks from the pub he used to frequent (this was a summary from Sandra)… Sandra / family are flying down when things are sorted for funeral / sort house / collect ashes… she thinks this’ll take 3 days and tbh, theres no way it’ll be that quick. I’ve seen inside that house and its going to be quite a job to sort it out. We have offered to help in any way we can but tbh this is all very recent and folks are still in shock. Iain (Keiths housemate) himself is unwell and is/was looking after his sick mum at the time so was out of the house. I'm not sure how much he is able to assist is the proceedings due to his health.

Sandra was concerned that, although she knew Keith had friends, she was also aware that they were scattered the length of the country and this will be taking part in the very south so didn’t know if people would come from say, the north all the way to southampton for a drink and get together so she wasnt planning on arranging anything.

It would be nice to get together for a drink up i feel although i don’t know how / where / when… plus theres no date set yet as there are a lot of boxes that need ticking before a death certificate can be issued etc.
Steve
KOCUK - 241

My Gallery

fossie
Club Member

Re: Keith (KeKat)

Post by fossie » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:21 pm

Echoing the sentiments although not as involved in Keith sorted adventures, we met at my gaff in France with others en route to EK ..in France ...my girls had a soft spot for "Starman" ( due to his sudden dive on to dance floor when the requirement amount of lager had been reached)
Always turned up, always sorted hotels enroute, always well just there in his chair watching and waiting.... Yep another too soon!
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

Nicky Dodds
Club Member

Post by Nicky Dodds » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:20 pm

RIP Keith. Keep an eye on John you know what he’s like!
Wish I could write more but it’s just too difficult.
GSX1100SD
GS550MX.....5 year old grandaughter thinks it's hers!

Katfish
Club Member

Post by Katfish » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:25 pm

RIP Keith, a lovely guy and such a sad loss. I’ll miss catching up over a pint at the rallies with him.
Andy...KOC 298
Snap, Crackle & Pop Up

My Gallery

sparki
Committee Member

Post by sparki » Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:51 pm

Update:

Have just been chatting with Keiths sisters and they have advised that there will be no service or the like in southampton. Keith will be cremated and his ashes sent up to Newcastle. belinda and i were going to pop down tomorrow but Iain (housemate) is currently in hospital for a few days... doesnt sound like hes having much luck with health atm and he's only expecting to be out on sunday sometime.

Both Sanda and Gillian thank everyone for their kind words.
Steve
KOCUK - 241

My Gallery