Bus lanes

A place to kick back and talk about anything and everything.
fossie
Club Member

Bus lanes

Post by fossie » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:19 am

Believe it or not the Government has announced a consultation about setting the default for motorcycles to use bus lanes everyway.. It runs until the 9th June .
Mag is obviously involved but this is one we should all be involved in ..it is just a case of writing to your MP and or signing a petition ...Don't forget we have localk elections and a general one this year so they will at least take note , just to keep you on side.
https://mag-uk.org/motorcycles-in-bus-l ... sultation/
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

pookie

Re: Bus lanes

Post by pookie » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:36 pm

Don't want to sound apathetic but the last two consultations I took part in (ULEZ expansion to Greater London and 20 mph speed limit on every road in my borough, Richmond upon Thames) the Mayor and council had already made up their minds and forced them through anyway, I bet that they've already decided to scrap this before the consultation starts, and we're supposed to live in a democracy, rant over

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:21 pm

I know what you mean but this is slightly different in that there are representatives from MAG in the house and it's a national thing rather than Khans cronnies ticking boxes ....
Deep down I actually feel that this a box ticking excercise aswell but a bit like other policies they have tried on bikes .. motiorcycles paying for Dartford crossing...100bhp...hi viz..leg protectors ...if enough people turn out and show support they will at the very least compromise in our favour to remain in favour..
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

pookie

Post by pookie » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:28 pm

MAG were opposed to the expansion of the ULEZ to greater London but nothing came of it, unbelievably MAGs director of communications is ex Lib Dem MP Lembit Opik, famous for being a Cheeky girls boyfriend, even more amazing is that both the Cheeky girls now work in different Hyundai car dealerships in the UK ! :shock:

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:00 pm

Apathy is the main reason nothing gets done , if every biker including the fairweathers banded together it'd be a different story...sadly as the years have passed the biking community have become less "bonded".

But the people can win ...here in Manchester we had a vote on weather to accept the congestion charge but 98% said NO ..hence we don't have it ..as for our version of ULEZ...it is still under review and has been for 3 years once Labour realised it was the only thing that would keep them from a local Majority....That and it is to include towns no where near Manchester that again would fail to vote them in ....sadly this time round it'll be different on that front as not everyone will spoil their vote and the moster raving luney party are in it!
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

stockcar
Club Member

Post by stockcar » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:03 pm

As above, over the years I have found myself homeless from a politics point of view BUT I have always exercised my vote in very election, even if I voted for ‘none of the above’

pookie

Post by pookie » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:12 am

Nearly 70% of people consulted for the ULEZ expansion said that they didn't want it but the mayor of London said that even though he would abide by the views of the public he went back on his word (not for the first time) saying that the ''silent majority'' wanted the scheme, if they are silent how did he hear them? and 80% of people consulted in Richmond upon Thames said they wanted to keep a 30mph speed limit in the borough but again they just implemented it, you get to the point where your voice is just being ignored and these ''consultations'' are pointless, I still vote though to justify the amount of tax I pay.

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:00 am

Yep none of the above for me aswell.!
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:26 pm

CLUB Chairman