Anti ethanol additives

From a simple dustcap to a full on turbo-nitrous breathing monster.
If you have any questions, here's the place to ask.
pookie

Re: Anti ethanol additives

Post by pookie » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:31 pm

Oh! and here's a pic of the 250 Kat, just to make you feel better :)
IMAG_0469.jpg

Smallkat
Club Member

Post by Smallkat » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:20 pm

Bizarre how motorcycles are included in the ULEZ. I read that some boroughs were trying to get rid of bike parking bays too. I'm all for providing a clean environment (within reason, you'll have to prise my X7 out of my cold, dead hands), so that people aren't dying from lung disease, but nearly all bikes are part of the solution.

I would urge all bikers to join MAG. You can become an affiliate member by joining the VJMC.
GSX250SS Tinykat (gone, but the hole in my wallet not forgotten)
GSX400SS Smallkat
GT250 X7
GT200 X5
BMW R1250R

Smallkat
Club Member

Post by Smallkat » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:20 pm

pookie wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:31 pm
Oh! and here's a pic of the 250 Kat, just to make you feel better :)

IMAG_0469.jpg
Thanks. One day Smallkat will be as good.
GSX250SS Tinykat (gone, but the hole in my wallet not forgotten)
GSX400SS Smallkat
GT250 X7
GT200 X5
BMW R1250R

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:28 pm

Many of us are MAG members ...our club isn't affiliated because it costs too much for a small club , but yes we need a voice , if just so we can be correct when we say no one listens !
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

stockcar
Club Member

Post by stockcar » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:27 pm

Once they become MOT / Tax exempt at 40 years old I presume that means they are Ulez exempt also??

pookie

Post by pookie » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:36 pm

That's right Stockcar, but my 250 Kat is (only) thirty years old and my Kr-1 is thirty three, if the exemption is still applicable by the time they qualify I won't be able to get my leg over anymore! (the bikes of course) there's even worse news coming out today, in 2024 Oxford city is going to trail a system where you get 100 days travel credits outside of a 5 mile zone around your home and the travel credits are for each address so if you have more than one car in your family you will have to share! if you work in a different zone than the one you live in then you can only do that journey 100 times a year then you will presumably have to stay at home! this is being forced through with no consultation (there was a consultation on the expanded ULEZ to Greater London and 80% of residents said no so you can tell how much use that would have been) is it just me or do we seem to be living in some sort of distopian age brought on by the lockdowns during the pandemic, it seems to have given these cretins in government and councils the right to control the populus in a George Orwell 1984 type senario.

pookie

Post by pookie » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:38 pm

Oh! and i've remembered the original thread :) any fuel additive is better than nothing at all, and always use super unleaded fuel.

stockcar
Club Member

Post by stockcar » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:05 pm

What the feckety feck.......
100 credits to do what exactly - time for some of those sooper dooper doubled up yellow plates....

Maybe one relating to a certain Mr. Sunak....... :lol:

pookie

Post by pookie » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:47 pm

According to Oxford citys own website 1 credit allows you to travel between zones for 24 hours, so 1 credit is a days driving in the fenced off area, they even mention that to save credits you can drive on the citys ring road! so I can't see this reducing pollution, just moving it elswhere, they weren't even going to issue the credits to start with, that was due to 'residents pressure' and they say that there won't be physical barriers between zones, only ANPR cameras, so no 'check point Charlie' boo! that would have been more fun, as I mentioned before, if these twats get away with this then the future for private motoring is bleak.

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:40 pm

We had this system here in 'Greater Manchester' ( an area that dosen't really exist except in politics)
It stretched from Wigan to Stockport . The line was through the middle of the 2 Runways at Manchester airport! My horses are 100m outside the area but it was going to cost to do them every day ..£60 a day for diesel vans .😡🙄😅 , various prices per vehicle ..
Anyway once the put the signs up and they got 'customised ' by locals the councils realised they wouldn't get re elected next time, the whole excersise got placed "under review" , so it's cancelled in its original form .....but once other cities follow that d****ead Khan , it's a free for all again .
It's to do with emissions ...that's why motorways are free, runways with A380s throttling up to take off speed is free but the motor vehicle passing underneath it ..literally ..is charged..
We already pay for emissions in our "road tax" How is a motorcycle £100 a year but a Range Rover is £30?
No here in Manchester they are following the London model of choking all the roads in town centres to create standing traffic that even motorcycles can't get past , this will cause poor readings on O2 meters that way they can justify charging more and more ...
The signage says improving Manchester road network 😆😆😆😆
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery