Pop up Neta Exhaust repair

From a simple dustcap to a full on turbo-nitrous breathing monster.
If you have any questions, here's the place to ask.
Berti44
Club Member

Pop up Neta Exhaust repair

Post by Berti44 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:30 pm

This is a how not to do it, so you can do it right. My Zorst looked in quite good Nick and after cutting it up it will definitely be around longer than me.
I had a rattle coming from the end can area presumably the baffle had rotted and come loose, this was the case.
Removing the rivets will not allow the end cap to be pulled out, it’s welded. Only the Ali Neta cover will come off.
Dont cut thé end off! the baffle is the other end it goes into the down pipe part.
as you look at the Ali cover (whilst on bike) you need to cut the right hand side this will expose the loose baffle. I shall now hand this mess to a mate who hopefully can salvage it. In the mean time searching for decent downpipes or getting some made.
Attachments
5B48146F-CB87-4B58-AF08-B3E456073737.jpeg

fossie
Club Member

Re: Pop up Neta Exhaust repair

Post by fossie » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:09 pm

I will need to take a zorst of one of my pop ups to fit new centre stand, I know the collector is holed and bodged ...it probably won't survive .
I have used Marshall to put on for now .

My plan was to use these pipe taken off to get replicas made ...at the moment time is against me but I will get on to it soon .
Would you be able to collect from myself one weekend or in week if it works for you ..not far from the NABD rally site as a reference ... Just of junction 21 M6 .
As you were searching locally to yourself I thought it could be useful .

I haven't tried the Rochdale chap yet but will next week .
( I have a set of 750/1100 down pipes to be quoted on aswell for the same project .)
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery