Hi Hello.... and willing to accept help!!!!

If you're new to the forum, why not stop off here and say a bit about yourself.
Andy Ramsay

Hi Hello.... and willing to accept help!!!!

Post by Andy Ramsay » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:41 pm

Afternoon,
Joined the forum in August last year, and eventually got around to sending membership in!!!
I am the somewhat bewildered owner of a 400SSN, I picked up last year...
finally I`ve managed to get it onto the bench for looksee and found a sump full of fuel, drained this and the airbox!!! anyhoo... fortunate enough to have low compression on number 4 (70) number 3 (90) so currently in the process of pulling the mill out to inspect further!!!... I may take the opportunity to use this harrowing discovery to take up daydrinking if we find the hits just keep on coming!!!.
I would appreciate any info on availability of gasket kits and such!!...
speak soon :D

Kryten
Club Member

Re: Hi Hello.... and willing to accept help!!!!

Post by Kryten » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:32 am

Welcome aboard!

As for 400 ownership, we have a special self-help group. I’m sure they’ll be along soon to invite you into their world!

Seriously though, when running properly they are fantastic machine. But they are what is termed an “Involved Ownership Experience”

:D :D
Jim

750 SZ (Not So) Skruffy Kat
1000 SZ in bits
7/11 SZ Long term
T509 Back on the road!

It was a New Day yesterday but, by God, it's an Old Day now!

Andy Ramsay

Post by Andy Ramsay » Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:02 pm

Kryten wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:32 am
Welcome aboard!

As for 400 ownership, we have a special self-help group. I’m sure they’ll be along soon to invite you into their world!

Seriously though, when running properly they are fantastic machine. But they are what is termed an “Involved Ownership Experience”

:D :D
Hi Jim... I`ve had quite a selection of JDM 400`s over the past 30 odd year!! never managed to get my fingers on a katana though... still have a couple of NC30`s.. having zero luck with obtaining a head gasket from any of the main Dealers..... I may need to consider making this a far larger project than I`d wished for... and shoving in something oil cooled and lairy!!!

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:43 pm

Someone will be along with pictures of 'arry'arkins GSXR 750 shoehorned in a 400 frame ...that fits the bill lairy!
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

Smallkat
Club Member

Post by Smallkat » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:45 am

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the group! Oh my God, you are going to love having the 400. Forget about day drinking, you won't be able to afford it by the time you've spent all your cash on parts. Please start a new thread so we can laugh at your forthcoming long and hard struggle (see JohnD's thread!)

I can't immediately find anyone with the correct gasket (11141-46D00). But if you get really desperate I can ask my contact in Japan. He sells me carb kits but he might be willing to look for some other parts. The only problem is that we would probably need to order more than one to make it worth his while.
GSX250SS Tinykat (gone, but the hole in my wallet not forgotten)
GSX400SS Smallkat
GT250 X7
GT200 X5
BMW R1250R

Andy Ramsay

Post by Andy Ramsay » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:28 pm

Smallkat wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:45 am
Hi Andy,

Welcome to the group! Oh my God, you are going to love having the 400. Forget about day drinking, you won't be able to afford it by the time you've spent all your cash on parts. Please start a new thread so we can laugh at your forthcoming long and hard struggle (see JohnD's thread!)

I can't immediately find anyone with the correct gasket (11141-46D00). But if you get really desperate I can ask my contact in Japan. He sells me carb kits but he might be willing to look for some other parts. The only problem is that we would probably need to order more than one to make it worth his while.
Hi SmallKat, cheers for the info, I kinda did expect the supply issues with a head gasket... As for Carb kit, I`ve a chap up near me who does actually stock all relevant items. these share parity with a lot of the suzuki range carb`d bikes.. I`ll have a word a see if he`d be up for selling kits to members..

I did have a wee chortle at John D`s thread!!! as for a progress thread, I`ll do my best once I can find a moment to get back onto the "project"!!!.

speak soon,

regards Andy

Smallkat
Club Member

Post by Smallkat » Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:08 pm

I wasn't clear, I sell carb kits for the old Suzuki two strokes. For 400 carb kits, I think we all use the Lite Tek ones, which are ethanol resistant.
GSX250SS Tinykat (gone, but the hole in my wallet not forgotten)
GSX400SS Smallkat
GT250 X7
GT200 X5
BMW R1250R