Weaver's 7/11

Working on a nut and bolt restoration, or just a lick of paint.
Post your pictures and stories in here.
weaver
Club Member

Re: Weaver's 7/11

Post by weaver » Wed May 20, 2020 8:32 am

There is this one on ebay,any thoughts? made offers of 150 and 180 which were rejected so thinking his lowest price may be 200.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/suzuki-gsx75 ... %7Ciid%3A1

FBJ hasn't read my pm yet,could anyone drop him a WhatsApp or text message if they have his number? thanks

johnr
Club Member

Post by johnr » Thu May 21, 2020 4:33 am

Lexdba wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:23 am
Nice Kat, probably an SD from looking at the pegs/rear clip/wheels. I absolutely hate those Giuliari seats on almost every Suz :mrgreen:
I've found you this extremely ugly but very cheap seat in Germany; Google translate will be your friend.. just don't try any sarcasm since.. wel... you're talking to a German :D https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 3-306-9299
frame is sz wheels are sd, id like to see how he fitted the pillion pegs cos the ally backed ones mount slightly differently to the rubber ones.
giveaway on the frame is the front engine mounting bolts. on the sz they go through the frame and secure with a nut on the inside next to the engine mounting plate. on thee sd, the bolt goes from the inside into a threaded insert in the frame so theres no need for a nut hence the bolts cant be seen on the outside edge of the frame, only the inside edge. these bolt through so are sz. cam caps are also sd, although silver engine is sz, though without the number its impossible to tell. sz should have chrome cam end caps. i have sz wheels if you decide to go to stock.
My Gallery

KOC 004

Uncle Bob
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Bob » Thu May 21, 2020 8:25 am

weaver wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:32 am
FBJ hasn't read my pm yet,could anyone drop him a WhatsApp or text message if they have his number? thanks
I contacted John and it already sold, sorry.

Lexdba
Club Member

Post by Lexdba » Thu May 21, 2020 2:56 pm

johnr wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:33 am
Lexdba wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:23 am
Nice Kat, probably an SD from looking at the pegs/rear clip/wheels. I absolutely hate those Giuliari seats on almost every Suz :mrgreen:
I've found you this extremely ugly but very cheap seat in Germany; Google translate will be your friend.. just don't try any sarcasm since.. wel... you're talking to a German :D https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 3-306-9299
frame is sz wheels are sd, id like to see how he fitted the pillion pegs cos the ally backed ones mount slightly differently to the rubber ones.
giveaway on the frame is the front engine mounting bolts. on the sz they go through the frame and secure with a nut on the inside next to the engine mounting plate. on thee sd, the bolt goes from the inside into a threaded insert in the frame so theres no need for a nut hence the bolts cant be seen on the outside edge of the frame, only the inside edge. these bolt through so are sz. cam caps are also sd, although silver engine is sz, though without the number its impossible to tell. sz should have chrome cam end caps. i have sz wheels if you decide to go to stock.
You truly are the biggest Kat-Nerd I’ve met. And I applaud you for that :-)
Thanks for the lesson!
It's faster to break than to repair.

geekay
Club Member

Post by geekay » Mon May 25, 2020 10:08 am

If you are wanting a cheap front end upgrade, do what I did.
Buy a set of RF900 yokes and a pair of Triumph Sprint RS RWU fork legs. The RF900 yokes bolt straight in with no modification required and accept 43mm stanchions -exactly the same as Sprint RS forks. You can then, if you so wish, use a Triumph front wheel and benefit from the Triumph's 4 pot Nissin front brakes and bigger disc rotors. If you use a Triumph front wheel, you need a Bandit 650 rear, which is near as dammit the same as the Triumph's. You can also use the RF900's bars, which fit above the top yoke and ease the stretch to the originals.
I have this set up installed in my project Kat, which is on page 2 of this section of the forum. Unfortunately, all the pictures disappeared when Tinypic shut down.
I can post some pics if you are interested.
The RF900 yokes were £10 and the Triumph forks cost me £65.
Suzuki GS650G Katana
Suzuki GSX750S Katana / Kettle mongrel
Suzuki TDRGV 250
Suzuki K11P
Triumph T575 Steam Triple
Triumph X75 Oh!
Kram-It RV250 Enduro
Moto Cati V70 Monzta

weaver
Club Member

Post by weaver » Mon May 25, 2020 6:31 pm

Thanks for info,very interesting,some pics would be great,is the Bandit 650 wheel a 5 or 5.5 inch?

weaver
Club Member

Post by weaver » Thu May 28, 2020 7:36 pm

Fitted new clutch plates and standard springs today,took it for a run and all good,also had oil and filter change and new plugs,new coils on the way,got new shocks and clip ons,also antidive eliminators arrived,ordered some brass take offs to balance the carbs as cant find mine,slowly improving.

weaver
Club Member

Post by weaver » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:25 am

I have started to collect Bandit 1200 mk1 running gear.I have some questions regarding this,can those of you who have experience of this help me out with some info?

1.Is there an accepted position for welding the shock mounts to the Bandit arm? Measurements or pics would be good.
2.How do you remove the monoshock mount,angle grinder? Is it best ground completely flat?
3.Do I need an offset front sprocket and where are these available from? I intend to use a 530 chain,what size sprockets are best for clearance top and bottom of the swingarm to prevent the chain wearing through it?
4.I have ordered the top hat spacers for the swingarm pivot,is there anything else I need to be aware of, mods to brake pedal assembly etc?

The front end:

1.I understand I need to press the stem out of the Katana bottom yoke and fit it into the Bandit yoke.
2.How are the Katana clocks mounted to the Bandit top yoke?
3.Is it best to fit the Bandit master cylinder for use with the Bandit calipers?
4.Is there anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks in advance, some pics of a prepared swingarm ready for fitting/fitted would be good, and any other help/info would be gratefully received!

Pedda
Club Member

Post by Pedda » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:14 pm

As I always went momoshock when using a newer swinger, I cannot help on that item very much. There is a Kanadian guy called Rob Wilson. He used to sell stuff for running gear conversions via his website, also shock mounting brackets.
You should consider a 520 chain. Gives more frame clearance whereas the 530 is just as wide as the 630.
I use that on my 1230-EFE-engined Kat.
20200611_135444.jpg
As to the front: I used the stock Kat speedo bracket. Just had to open one of the holes. I did Not interchange the seems but modified the Bandit stem. You can also source some GSXR triples with the same stanchion diameter. Those stems fit without issues.
Master cylinder depends on the type of handle bars you will be using. Bandit master is desinged for high, flat bars, not the steeper angled clipons.

weaver
Club Member

Post by weaver » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:21 pm

Thanks mate,good info,has anyone used a 530 chain and sprockets with the bandit arm?