Eurokat 9

For all discussion of any events
PaulD
Club Member

Re: Eurokat 9

Post by PaulD » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:56 pm

jmac wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:27 pm
Australia?..........Shit, I think I've missed my turn off.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
KOC member 453

katmarch
Committee Member

Post by katmarch » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:12 pm

Well I’m back at the ferry, just 14 days to go !
KOC 30 My Gallery

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:04 pm

Where else to post this :?
Anyway after a conversation with club members the question of EuroKats came up .

The question is which was your most memorable ? & why?
There is a reason but that is for later .

For me to be honest I couldn't pick one above the others, it's the people as much as the location, but again for me Denmark was less so, why.....because it was a camp site and we were all sepreated n amongst normal punters .....
Just me being picky ?:ugeek:
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

Uncle Bob
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Bob » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:49 am

I have only done Wales, Germany and Denmark. I really liked Denmark. I thought the campsite was really good (as I get older some facilities are nice), food was good (and fun trying to decipher the menu!), I had no issue not being crammed in with everyone! I thought the ride out was good and enjoyed the bike collection we visited as there were some great bikes there.
Germany - ha! my nephew will never let me forget it. It was fun, for the bits I can remember and painful for the Saturday...

I thought France this year with the Moto camp looked good as well and feedback from Keith and Sparki on it was very positive when they stayed there a couple of weeks beforehand.

I do like to see people I only normally converse with online but also the bikes and also seeing some new places on the way.

Honestly, I dislike dancing so didn't do that part at Wales or Germany - probably why I liked Denmark as no pressure with that there!

UB

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:46 pm

* Quote::Honestly, I dislike dancing so didn't do that part at Wales or Germany - probably why I liked Denmark as no pressure with that there! UB *

That's it! That's what makes it it what is .....the difference between a "bike meet" and a"rally.".. Music, live and loud if possible :D The oppotunity to let your hair down ....(if any of us have any left ;)) amongst non judgmental like minded peeps ...
The Friday night is always a blast espiecally ...after the getting to site ... :)
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

sparki
Committee Member

Post by sparki » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:25 am

i see what fossie's saying there actually... when everyone has a tent in the same field, they congregate in the same tent/clubroom then the atmosphere is certainly more "rally like" opposed to it simply being a gathering. Live music makes a massive difference over a DJ (but having said that, the DJ is someone we can take the piss out of if they play shite!). Dancing, well.... i need a good skinful to get up there which is usually the Friday (feeling crap on saturday is part of the trip UB!), but alas, i've been known to go a little too far on the saturday night too at times lol, fuck it though... we're on holiday right! :)

although the destination is usually great, for me, an equally enjoyable part of the trip is the journey TO the destination... the stories and conversations along the way, the mishaps, the "too much to drink", the getting lost, etc... it's those things, to me, that make a trip memorable and are stories to laugh, joke and reminisce about at a later date.

There are a few basics needed.... live music (or failing which LOUD), drink, and the friends i ride there with i think sums it up for me. I dont care where it is but a few nights stopovers on the way is usually a good distance.... unless its in this country of course lol
Steve
KOCUK - 241

My Gallery

katana11023

Post by katana11023 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:15 pm

1st German one for me had it all. rain.getting lost .rain.the rally.rain good friends plenty of ale bit more ale but they were all equally good enjoyed them all .but for me think end to end though not a eurokat tops it for me long hours in the saddle but all worth it great memories

fetishkat
Club Member

Post by fetishkat » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:26 pm

First German EK for me, the trip across, the laps of Antwerp in the rain, Fosters navigational prowess, my first of many tastes of Katana Oil!!, JR doing the burn out.............. the atmosphere.

jmac
Club Member

Post by jmac » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:25 am

Germany 2018 and Tonna rugby club Swansea in my top three. Not nessesserily live music but our style of musc.good ale and lots of atmosphere.

Pedda
Club Member

Post by Pedda » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:05 pm

Well, I saw one or two Katana Rallies since 1989. Liked them all. If you ask me:

Fort Medoc.

That's my personal calibration point.