Exciting news for Bikeazoid

To see more of the forum and also joining information see here first.
Bikeazoid
Club Member

Re: Exciting news for Bikeazoid

Post by Bikeazoid » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:19 pm

fossie wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:54 am
Its only news because it affects London the rest of the U.K. espiecally in the North have had greater restrictions for many months ....
My wife is a NHS nurse and works on a covid ward , contra to the reported news the wards are no full of .......infact there are spare beds and most people in them didn't know they had it. They came in hospital for a procedure and in a routine swap discovered they had it.
I in turn dispatch for a blood lab, and collect these swaps in the hundreds every day and the + rate is around 1% ... The costs to the public for these test by the way are 6x that of a normal test and every possible clinic is cashing in .
The picture painted on the Internet and news channels abut life ain't what we see around here .
Short of my daughter having to come home from Scotland after the pub closed for good and the one she works in here furloughed her, life is as it was .
As for mutating viruses , that is what they do , every virus does , it isn't anymore special in that respect.
Thanks Fossie, so you can go out and do your normal deeds as long as you don't want to go to a pub?
82 Katana 1000 (work in progress, but she will be beautiful she has a dedicated sugar daddy)
2010 Z1000 (50k miles, I think that is like 60 Kilometer's or so)

www.CreepyKat.com
www.thepryorhouse.com

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:54 pm

Now there's the rub ...yep we can carry on regardless but can't go to the pub!,,BUT when I turn right out of my driveway and walk 200 metre's , ( just over 200 yards!) I can go to that pub because it is in Cheshire ( Black Swan) , as long as I have a substantial meal with the beer ....There is no advice as what is a "substantial meal" however.
If I turn left however and walk 200 metre's this pub ( The plough ) is closed because it's classed as Greater Manchester.

There actually a street in Portsmouth on the coast where the street is split down the middle because of area lines .The west side are tier 2 and can meet up etc...The east is tier 4 and can't go out at all.!
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

Bikeazoid
Club Member

Post by Bikeazoid » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:20 pm

Holey crap!!! I wish I lived 200 metre's from two pubs.

Here we are on a lock down of Gyms, barbers and the like, but the Gym's just ignore it, at least the 3 I have do. One boarded up windows the other two just ignore the order.
82 Katana 1000 (work in progress, but she will be beautiful she has a dedicated sugar daddy)

www.CreepyKat.com
www.thepryorhouse.com

katanajak

Post by katanajak » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:29 pm

fossie wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:44 am
The kipper thing is an old English saying "done up like a kipper" , it refers to being reeled in and left out to dry.. The smoked fish part is a red herring...another saying ...hey you'll get it one day....

*The kipper is a smoked fish eaten tradionally for breakfast ...though I've never meet anyone who does!*
Kippers also found in Holland the land of my father ,
I seem to recall them being sold on the street as a snack!
Kinda like the street tacos down in south America wouldn't eat either Im just sayin!
1981 GSX 1000 SZ
1981 RD 350 LC
1993 DUCATI 900 SS
1974 POSRCHE 911

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:53 pm

"Kippers also found in Holland the land of my father ,
I seem to recall them being sold on the street as a snack!"
Would seem plausible ...the Dutch have loads of dodgy fish dishes .....nowhere near as dodgy as the Scandinavians though...once had to spend a week on a ship coming from the artic circle, it was a Danish registered vessel and smorgasbord was the serving for dinner .....raw fishes , raw meats ...no takers in dining room !
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

Pedda
Club Member

Post by Pedda » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:23 pm

What the hell is wrong with raw meat?

Pedda
Club Member

Post by Pedda » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:31 pm

Raw meat on a roll with a onion rings topping is Germans favourite for breakfast.
We call it bricklayers marmelade.

Bikeazoid
Club Member

Post by Bikeazoid » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:29 pm

I am so not into raw anything, I have a theory that no one really likes sushi its this emperors clothes thing, just like golf.

Cooked is always better, dep fried, even better.

www.CreepyKat.com
www.thepryorhouse.com

Smallkat
Club Member

Post by Smallkat » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:33 pm

Even though I am ethnically part Japanese, I can't stand sushi. Disgusting. I was in a lunch meeting with some Japanese colleagues once and they had sushi brought in. I was starving and one bit looked like just vine leaves wrapped around rice. I popped it in my mouth only to discover that there were bits of raw fish in the middle. I wanted to vomit. Anyway, I swallowed it and made a quick exit to the toilet to rinse out my mouth.
GSX250SS Tinykat (gone, but the hole in my wallet not forgotten)
GSX400SS Smallkat
GT250 X7
GT200 X5
BMW R1250R

jmac
Club Member

Post by jmac » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:48 pm

Bikeazoid wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:29 pm
I am so not into raw anything, I have a theory that no one really likes sushi its this emperors clothes thing, just like golf.

Cooked is always better, deep fried, even better.
You are not, by any chance, of Scottish decent. Particularly from the Glasgow area? The reason I ask is that they will deep-fry absolutely anything and everything. You would feel right at home.