Manchester show update .

For all discussion of any events
PaulD
Club Member

Re: Manchester show update .

Post by PaulD » Fri May 14, 2021 9:34 am

Me too with one shiny Kat 😋
There rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
KOC member 453

Smallkat
Club Member

Post by Smallkat » Fri May 14, 2021 2:59 pm

I think I'm in too. Mrs Smallkat has just got to see if she can get a couple of holiday days. I will bring whatever is running/likely to make it to Manchester.
GSX250SS Tinykat (gone, but the hole in my wallet not forgotten)
GSX400SS Smallkat
GT250 X7
GT200 X5
BMW R1250R

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Fri May 14, 2021 6:56 pm

Smallkat wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 2:59 pm
I think I'm in too. Mrs Smallkat has just got to see if she can get a couple of holiday days. I will bring whatever is running/likely to make it to Manchester.
It's a show it don't need to be running :lol: In fact engine internals not essential :lol: :lol: .
You just need a thick skin ......learn the phrase 13bblllloooody 'elll' ;)
There are premier inns locally ...may even have floor space at my gaff if needed.....we will obviously have to pay a fee to our local!
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

Smallkat
Club Member

Post by Smallkat » Fri May 14, 2021 9:38 pm

I don't have a van, so it needs to be something that can get there under its own steam.

I have worked plenty of bike shows when I worked for Suzuki GB.

We will probably stay at the Holiday Inn round the corner. Mrs Smallkat likes a hotel.
GSX400SS Smallkat
GT250 X7
GT200 X5
BMW R1250R

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Sat May 15, 2021 9:34 am

Anyone who really wishes to attend but will struggle ice wise . I have a couple you could take.
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

Smallkat
Club Member

Post by Smallkat » Sat May 15, 2021 1:42 pm

I'm not coming if it's icy. :D
GSX400SS Smallkat
GT250 X7
GT200 X5
BMW R1250R

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Sat May 15, 2021 8:32 pm

Smallkat wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:42 pm
I'm not coming if it's icy. :D
Ffs I wrote BIKE ...., thank you for pointing out the error ...obviously designed to see if anyone was reading :D
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:51 pm

We have been accepted and have a pitch at this event . I should receive 6 tickets with pillion places so hopefully we can get 12 people in gratis ....but we will people to man the stand Saturday 0930 -1630 both days ...obviously not a continuos shift but a couple of hours each and then wander round oohing and aaahing ( or owwwwww and aarghing!)
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:58 am

:o :cry: POSTPONED... AGAIN!!
The Manchester Bike Show due to take place on 11th & 12th September has now been postponed.

The Manchester Bike Show will now take place on 2nd & 3rd April 2022 at Bowlers Exhibition Centre, Longbridge Road, Stretford, Manchester, M17 1SN

As organisers of The Manchester Bike Show we once again find ourselves between a rock and a hard place with regard to running or postponing the show. On the first two occasions when the show was postponed at EventCity in March 2020 and March 2021 the decision to postpone was fairly clear cut and taken out of our hands on each occasion by both the government and the venue. The latest decision to postpone was much less clear cut especially given the government’s decision to open up the economy on 19th July. The majority of the main manufacturers/dealers were booked in to attend on 11th / 12th September as were a good number of trade exhibitors and clubs, plus advance tickets were selling well and we were looking forward to a good show. However, we have been contacted by a number of dealers informing us that they will no longer be attending the September show for two main reasons. Firstly against a background of rising Covid cases the dealers don’t want to put their employees at any greater risk than necessary and equally these same employees, who are mostly young, are reluctant to put themselves into that situation anyway. Secondly there is currently a supply issue in both the car and motorcycle industry whereby the dealers have already sold out of the stock they were holding pre-pandemic and they can pre-sell any stock they can currently get their hands on, so there seems little point in going to all the effort of organising a stand with nothing to put on it. These dealers all assure me that new stock will be on the way by the end of 2021 and they will all be present when the show comes back to Bowlers on 2nd / 3rd April 2022.

We are well aware that we could have gone ahead irrespective of the withdrawal of key exhibitors but we are not prepared to sacrifice the reputation of the event for short term financial gain. Hopefully you will support us in this decision and we look forward to seeing everyone again at Bowlers in April 2022.

TICKETS

Advance tickets for the show at Bowlers on 2nd / 3rd April 2022 will be available to purchase from Ticketline shortly. Keep an eye on the Manchester Bike Show’s Buy Tickets page for updates. Any tickets purchased for the March 2020 show at EventCity and September 2021 show at Bowlers will be valid for entry to the April 2022 show at Bowlers.

TRADE EXHIBITORS

We are in the process of contacting those exhibitors who had booked space at the September 2021 show at Bowlers to give them first option on space in April 2022. Once we have completed this process we will throw the floor plan open to other exhibitors.

CLUBS & PRIVATE ENTRIES

We are also in the process of contacting those clubs and individual entries regarding transferring their bookings to the new date in April. If you do not fall into this category and wish to book into the April 2022 show please email info@manchesterbikeshow.com to express your interest.

Regards
Andrew Greenwood
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

PaulD
Club Member

Post by PaulD » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:31 pm

Ah well another plan B scrapped
There rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
KOC member 453